Account Manager IIClient Service Job ID 2021-11228 Los Angeles, California 10/21/2021
More information about this job:
Performs insurance servicing and underwriting activities on existing accounts and for underwriting of new business and is responsible for overall account team leadership. This position's primary function is to serve as the Account Team Leader or Manager of the Account. Serve as key/primary interface with clients/brokers on all aspects of the account including insurance products and services, engineering and claims services.
- Maintain a profitable book of business by effective use of sales techniques, client relationships, risk assessments, application of sound underwriting principles and creative use of underwriting resources.
- Ensure premium growth by retaining existing clients through value added service, by selling additional product lines and by establishing equitable terms and conditions on new accounts introduced by sales executives. Ensure policies accurately reflect both the insured's and FM Global's intent of coverage.
- Provide professional advice and consultation to all clients on insurance coverages and risk management matters, making them aware of the benefits derived from various products and services offfered by FMGlobal.
- In conjunction with Account Engineers, establish risk improvement priorities and support efforts to obtain client compliance with loss prevention recommendations.
- Protect FM Global's assets through creative use of company underwriting programs and adherence to published guidelines which include: Linesetting Techniques, Judicious Purchase of Reinsurance (where warranted), Timely Issuance of Binders and Policies, Catastrophe Aggregate Analysis, M.F.L. Analysis and Cross Liability Checks.
- Collect outstanding premium balances in a timely manner to meet Operation's goals and objectives.
- Continue professional development - maintain necessary licensing and continue to update knowledge of underwriting guidelines, policy forms, loss prevention practices, and insurance industry developments.
- Provide leadership to the overall FM Global account team, ensuring that the Account Business Plan is implemented effectively and efficiently.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; CPCU, ARM desired
3+ years FM Global experience or 5+ years industry experience (broker/insurance company) in servicing/underwriting large property accounts of varying occupancies
Working knowledge of property insurance and forms, financial statements, general loss prevention engineering terms and concepts as well as business computer applications. Demonstrated above average ability in organization, problem solving, sales/negotiation, leadership and team building. Knowledge of internal systems and Microsoft Office products.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center