AccountantAccounting/Finance - Accounting, Other Careers Job ID 2022-11711 Luxembourg 04/06/2022
More information about this job:
Luxembourg Senior Financial Reporting Expert (M/F)
FM GLOBAL – a doble expertise: Insurance and risk prevention
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions.
FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the Finance Team as Senior Financial Reporting Expert reporting to the EMEA Financial Reporting Manager.
Your main missions:
- Analysis of financial information for inclusion in internal financial reports to support decision-making;
- Preparation of financial reporting (including financial statements and other board reports) and schedules to support analysis and disclosures;
- Recording and reconciliation of financial information within the accounting system;
- Involvement in the development and documentation of processes and procedures to support the preparation of regulatory reporting;
- Assist in the preparation and filing of a variety of other reporting requirements (e.g. National Statistics, branch reporting);
- Work on ad-hoc projects with evolving missions;
- Collaborate with different departments and teams within the group structure.
Knowledge and skills required of applicants:
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance or in a related field, or alternatively, more than 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Ability to research basic accounting issues, accounting standards and apply knowledge;
- Fluent (written and oral) in English. French and any other languages is an asset;
- Understanding of the insurance sector in Luxembourg is an advantage;
- Advanced knowledge of LuxGAAP is required;
- Strong team-player and ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Flexibility and willingness to evolve in a challenging environment;
- Proficiency with standard software applications, especially Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word;
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials is an advantage.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply via Job postings within our Career Center or submit your application (with CV and Application letter) directly to Arnaud Dufour firstname.lastname@example.org in the Human Resources Department.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center