Administrative AssistantAdministrative - Administrative Assistant, Other Careers Job ID 2023-13047 Primary Location: Luxembourg 04/05/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a US based company that operates in 100 countries with approx. 5,000 employees all over the world. With a history of more than 175 years and excellent financial ratings we are continuously growing, particularly in Europe and Eastern Europe.
We provide comprehensive global commercial and industrial property insurance, engineering-driven underwriting and risk management solutions, property loss prevention research and professional claims handling.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join the EMEA Division team as an Administrative Assistant based in Luxembourg and reporting to the Business Administrative Manager.
If you are proactive, well organized and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a 'can do' attitude, then this is the role for you!
Roles and responsibilities:
- Set up and morning checks: Checking automatic hand sanitiser areas/ /alcohol wipe refill/ tea and coffee areas/kitchen areas/fridges and check of office floors/ photocopiers/bathrooms.
- Reception calls: Responsible for taking phone calls and transferring/ taking messages as appropriate.
- Post: 3 x types of post – normal/courier within Luxembourg city and DHL – support staff with post enquiries and create and ensure post is sent out – previous knowledge of dealing with post in Luxembourg required for this job role.
- Mail: Collect and distribute out mail in office.
- Ordering Supplies: Follow procedures to order/ store and process paperwork for ordering.
- Invoices: Check/Process invoices for the office. Follow procedures for recording data both paper and electronically using excel.
- Suppliers: develop a good relationship with suppliers
- Admin requests: Responsible for managing requests/problems off staff and dealing with these in an effective manner following company procedures.
- Meet needs of guests: Serve drinks/Wi-Fi access/taxi reservations/lunch reservations.
- Meeting rooms/ videoconferencingbookings: Complete meeting room bookings/ and monitor meeting room bookings and ensure correct set up.
- Meetings: Help with organisation for different departments for meetings during the year – preparation/ set up/ lunches/ snacks/ clearing away.
Board Meetings: Support with organisation and on the day help with board meetings – set up/ lunches/ breaks/ taxis/ Wi-Fi access/ queries and problems on the day.
- New staff: Support the induction of new members of staff – work with IS to ensure all equipment is ready and sent out to staff/support induction to office and starting work.
- Mobile phones: Support with mobile phone questions and problems as they occur/ bolt on for staff when travelling.
- Local pages: Upload pages on the Intranet for the local pages for the Luxembourg office – work with HR Paris and Assistant Admin Manager to follow procedure.
- Facilities: Support with checks of the office and work with the cleaning company and building management to deal with any problems
- Storage: Happy to move items and store items as needed in the cave area and appropriate place in the office.
- Documents: Store documents in a safe and correct place and follow procedure.
- Research skills: Able to use search engines such as google/ amazon / local supplier websites etc.
- Problem solving: Flexible to adapt to different situations and tasks/problems arise daily.
Qualities & Skills
- Calm under pressure
- Communication skills essential
- Team worker
French and English (German and Luxembourgish extra bonus).
Excel, powerpoint, word, outlook
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply via Job Postings within Career Center following the instructions https://jobs.fmglobalcareers.com
You will also need to submit your application (with CV and Application Letter) directly to Caroline Bouchery email@example.com in the Human Resources Department.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center