Corporate Affairs CounselApply Now Job ID 2018-8258 Date posted 02/01/2019
Overview - External
FM Global is a US based company that operates in 100 countries with approx. 5,000 employees all over the world. With a history of more than 175 years and excellent financial ratings we are continuously growing, particularly in Europe and Eastern Europe.
We provide comprehensive global commercial and industrial property insurance, engineering-driven underwriting and risk management solutions, property loss prevention research and professional claims handling.
Unlike other insurance companies, FM Global conducts extensive, hands-on research and engineering into the causes of fire, explosion and natural disasters to develop risk management and insurance solutions for our clients.
To serve as counsel to and advocate for FM Global on a full range of legal, regulatory, and compliance matters. Examples include the provision of legal and regulatory advice with respect to the business of insurance; corporate secretarial services and matters of corporate governance; legal services on corporate reorganizations, acquisitions/dispositions and joint ventures; nondisclosure agreements, and consultant, vendor and service contracts; investment and banking transactions; intellectual property matters patents, trademarks and copyright; corporate and individual licensing; brokerage agreements; policy contracting and termination matters; legislative and regulatory monitoring, influencing and assuring compliance.
Admitted to practice in Germany or Luxembourg.
5+ years in law firm or corporate legal department.
Range of general corporate legal experience, preferably in a P/C insurance environment.
Must be fluent in English and German.
French fluency a plus.
Training & Benefits
At FM Global, we strive to build ongoing partnerships with our clients, and key to accomplishing this is developing long-lasting relationships with our employees. For that reason, our benefits programs are designed to be attractive to employees throughout the various stages of their lives—and careers.
We call it TOTAL REWARDS.
Though specific policies and programs may vary by location, they are all designed to provide stability and security for you and your family. Now and in the future.
To support what matters to you, our Total Rewards benefits include:
- Extensive training and professional development
- Inclusive culture that seeks out and respects diversity
- Healthy work/life balance through employee-focused policies, such as healthcare, fitness reimbursement and paid time off
- Company-provided car (for field engineers)
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base pay, an employee incentive plan, retirement benefits and programs
- Corporate citizenship programs and sustainability initiatives, including the Matching Gift and United Way campaign programs. Whether we're protecting the environment or giving back to the community, we are committed to doing business with honesty, integrity and transparency
The best way to learn more about what makes field engineering at FM Global so unique is to engage us in conversation. And visiting us at one of our events gives you the opportunity to ask questions in person and find out firsthand what makes our programs, our philosophy and our business so admired.