Manager Internal Audit - EMEA/APACAccounting/Finance - Accounting, Other Careers Job ID 2023-12769 Primary Location: Luxembourg 01/23/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions.
This position heads up the international internal audit function which covers the EMEA and Asia-Pacific divisions. The position is expected to manage audit staff in the performance of simple to complex financial, regulatory and operational audits, as well as performing some of those complex audits themselves. The role will involve contributing to the development of the global audit strategy as well as implementing that strategy locally. It will also involve maintaining the relationship with local senior management, external auditors, the audit committee and regulators.
- (40%) Oversees internal audit activities including scheduling and monitoring the work of the audit staff to ensure proper coverage based on the annual audit plan, designing the audit programs to comply with general auditing principles and practices, reviewing audit documentation and preparing reports to senior management, and recommending revisions to auditing policies and procedures to most efficiently and effectively assess the soundness, adequacy and compliance of FM Global’s controls. Coordinates activities and information requests from external auditors.
- (25%) Independently performs highly complex, high risk and/or high profile financial or operational audits to identify, resolve or recommend solutions to control issues. According to the annual audit plan and as directed by management, executes complex audit programs and prepares documentation of work steps and findings for review.
- (10%) Maintains the relationship with local senior management through involvement in the risk management committee and other management forums. Manages the relationship with the local audit committee and regulators.
- (10%) Acts as an adviser or consultant to local management in relation to risk, control, governance and regulatory issues.
- (5%) Undertakes training to keep up with professional proficiency and contributes to internal training in areas of subject matter expertise to improve the technical skills of other audit staff; mentors and provides technical instruction to junior staff to improve individual capability.
- (5%) Contributes to the development of the global annual internal audit plan and retains responsibility for the development of the international audit plan and the maintenance of the audit universe. Maintains local internal audit governance documents, including the internal audit policy.
- (5%) Assists with other ad hoc activities as required by management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor/University Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field. Advanced Degree is preferable
- Professional designation /certification required (e.g. CPA, CA, CIA)
- 10+ years of progressive audit experience in public accounting, including 5+ years supervisory experience
Knowledge of the following:
- Internal audit practices and methodology
- Solvency II
- COSO 2013 framework
- Risk management
- Experience working with external auditors, a Big 4 Audit experience in preferable
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and influence skills to manage relationship with external auditor
- Confidence and presence to interact with senior management
Deep knowledge, experience in control practices and understanding the broader impact on the business
Strong audit and finance skills
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply via Job Postings within Employee Career Center following the instructions (https://intranet-fmglobal.icims.com/jobs/intro).
You will also need to submit your application (with CV and Application Letter) directly to Arnaud Dufour firstname.lastname@example.org and Cécile Malary email@example.com
Closing date for applications: May 31st, 2023
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center