Regional Compliance SpecialistLegal, Other Careers Job ID 2023-12912 Primary Location: Luxembourg, Windsor, United Kingdom, Paris, France, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, Amsterdam, Netherlands Additional Location(s): Windsor, WNM; Paris La Defense Cedex, ; Frankfurt, HE; Amsterdam, 03/06/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in over 100 countries, in many challenging roles.
Heart of our company, an engineering department gathers engineers around the same philosophy: most losses are preventable. The engineers conduct loss prevention on insured sites to assess the risk and get technical solutions to improve it when needed.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the FM Global EMEA Legalteam as Regional Compliance Specialist based in Luxembourg, Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam or Maidenhead.
- Support EMEA Legal and Compliance team with ensuring compliance with laws, regulations and policies relevant to the insurance industry.
- Support EMEA Compliance Officers and liaise with insurance regulators as necessary.
- Develop and monitor annual compliance plan.
- Research insurance regulatory, compliance and privacy developments in the EMEA region including in Luxembourg, United Kingdom and Switzerland.
- Develop, update and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations applicable across the EMEA region, including but not limited to, outsourcing, operational resilience, complaints handling, modern slavery, financial crime etc.
- Advise staff and provide training and support, as necessary, to ensure adherence with the EMEA compliance procedures.
- Monitor compliance with the requirements of the Insurance Distribution Directive.
- Support the development and implementation of compliance training programme to applicable EMEA staff.
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or Master degree.
- 3-5 years of profesionnal experience in financial services compliance, ideally gained within a non-life insurance company.
- Experience in assessing insurance company conduct and behaviour against applicable rules and regulations.
- Experience dealing directly with insurance regulators and multi-jurisdiction experience desirable.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with experience of direct interaction with senior management.
- Detail orientated, with excellent time management, planning, prioritization and organization skills.
- Good team player with ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision demonstrating excellent judgement.
- Excellent MS Office skills are essential in addition to proven research skills.
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in French and/or German - written & oral. Other European languages would be a plus.
- This role may require some but limited travel.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply via Job Postings within Career Center following the instructions https://jobs.fmglobalcareers.com
You will also need to submit your application (with CV and Application Letter) directly to Caroline Bouchery email@example.com in the Human Resources Department.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center