Regulatory Reporting AccountantAccounting/Finance - Accounting, Other Careers Job ID 2023-12763 Primary Location: Luxembourg 01/23/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions.
This position heads up the international internal audit function which covers the EMEA and Asia-Pacific divisions. The position is expected to manage audit staff in the performance of simple to complex financial, regulatory and operational audits, as well as performing some of those complex audits themselves. The role will involve contributing to the development of the global audit strategy as well as implementing that strategy locally. It will also involve maintaining the relationship with local senior management, external auditors, the audit committee and regulators.
• Prepare, analyze and file all Solvency II reporting to the CAA (Quarterly and Annual QRTs, SFCR, RSR and ORSA), and ensure all reports are prepared accurately and timely within specified deadlines.
• Prepare statistical and financial regulatory reporting across Europe excluding the UK (e.g. national bank enquiries, statistical returns, etc.).
• Improve documentation on processes and procedures supporting the preparation of Solvency II reporting.
• Liaise with Internal Audit and external providers on Solvency II and other regulatory reporting, upon request.
• Work alongside the Finance department in Luxembourg, the UK, and the US to ensure existing data is used consistently and efficiently.
• Perform monthly capital level calculation to ensure compliance with the Company’s and Commissariat Aux Assurances’ requirements, including the Standard Formula and the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment.
• Prepare reporting to ensure that the Company (and its branches) is compliant with CAA regulations and the Luxembourg Insurance Law.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly risk monitoring reporting to Senior Management.
• Monitor EIOPA and CAA regulation updates and participate in their implementation.
Knowleadge and skills:
•University degree in Accounting or Finance or related discipline with experience in a similar role (5 years or more).
• Strong knowledge of Solvency II.
• Strong knowledge of the Luxembourg insurance sector and reporting requirements would be considered as an advantage.
• Strong knowledge of LuxGAAP.
• Ability to analyze, interpret and apply technical requirements.
• Accurate, detail-oriented, and reliable with good communication skills.
• Strong team player, dynamic and resilient with the ability to work independently.
• Ability to think outside the box and identify new approaches.
• Flexible and willing to evolve in a new environment.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Fluent in English. Any other languages will be considered as an asset.
• Part/Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or equivalent will be considered as an advantage.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply via Job Postings within Employee Career Center following the instructions (https://intranet-fmglobal.icims.com/jobs/intro).
You will also need to submit your application (with CV and Application Letter) directly to Arnaud Dufour email@example.com and Cécile Malary firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: May 31st, 2023
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center