You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a US based company that operates in 100 countries with approx. 5,000 employees all over the world. With a history of more than 175 years and excellent financial ratings we are continuously growing, particularly in Europe and Eastern Europe.
We provide comprehensive global commercial and industrial property insurance, engineering-driven underwriting and risk management solutions, property loss prevention research and professional claims handling.
Unlike other insurance companies, FM Global conducts extensive, hands-on research and engineering into the causes of fire, explosion and natural disasters to develop risk management and insurance solutions for our clients.
The FM Global European Tax Team are responsible for the timely completion of more than 1500 tax processes annually covering the calculation, filing and payment of VAT, Insurance Premium Taxes and Corporate Taxes in over 30 countries as well dealing with ad hoc business queries, tax provisions and disclosures for financial statements, BEPS compliance and tax authority audits. Increasing tax compliance commitments has led to the creation of new position in Luxembourg. The successful candidate will work closely with the existing eight-strong team of tax specialists based in Luxembourg and in Windsor, UK. This role will be focused specifically on taxes for FM Global‘s Luxembourg insurance entity and its branches across Europe.
Responsibilities - External:
- The successful candidate will have a portfolio of tax compliance responsibilities and prepare and review a mix of VAT and Insurance Premium Tax returns for multiple European territories; plus also some Corporate Tax filings. This will involve sourcing information, calculating payments on account, preparing tax returns as well as reviewing externally prepared returns prior to submission, arranging for payments and journals, and preparing reconciliations.
- It will be important to develop a good understanding of various European tax systems and keep up to date with legislative changes and tax rates in relevant countries.
- Assisting with tax audits and transfer pricing projects and reviews as required.
- Assist the Tax Managers and other staff in the team with ad hoc projects such as new branch set ups, expense policy guidance, software upgrades, etc.
Qualifications - External:
- University degree in Accounting or Finance ideally with a specialization in Taxation.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Indirect Tax role with a Big 4 or International Group.
- Full or part qualified Tax or Accounting professional (e.g. CTA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent) will be considered as an advantage.
- Experience of working in a multi-national environment required.
- Experience of European VAT essential, IPT and corporate taxes preferred. Knowledge of either French, German, Dutch or Luxembourg Tax systems beneficial but not essential.
- Enthusiasm to develop in-depth technical knowledge of new areas of international tax compliance.
- Familiarity with Luxembourg financial statements. Knowledge of French or German GAAP useful.
- Accurate and reliable with good analytical skills. Well organised and comfortable working to deadlines.
- Pro-active, autonomous and self-starting while also maintaining strong communication and a team mindset with the team in the UK.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite (particularly Excel) essential.
- Fluent in English. French, German or any other European language will be considered as an asset.