Tax accountantAccounting/Finance - Accounting, Other Careers Job ID 2022-11983 Luxembourg 08/05/2022
More information about this job:
FM GLOBAL – a doble expertise: Insurance and risk prevention
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions.
FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art lossprevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the FM Global European Tax Team as Tax Accountant reporting to the Direct Tax Supervisor.
The FM Global European Tax Team are responsible for the timely completion of more than 1500 tax processes annually covering the calculation, filing and payment of VAT, Insurance Premium Taxes and Corporate Taxes in over 30 countries as well as dealing with ad hoc business queries, tax provisions and disclosures for financial statements, BEPS compliance and tax authority audits.
The Tax Accountant will work closely with the existing eight-strong team of tax specialists based in Luxembourg and the UK focused specifically on direct taxes for FM Global entities and their branches across the EMEA region.
The successful candidate will have a portfolio of tax compliance responsibilities and will prepare and review Corporate Tax returns for multiple European territories. Key responsibilities will include:
- sourcing information, calculating payments on account, preparing tax returns as well as reviewing externally prepared returns prior to submission, arranging for payments and journals, and preparing reconciliations.
- understanding various European tax systems and keeping up to date with legislative changes and tax rates in relevant countries.
- preparing current and, if necessary, deferred tax provisions for the financial statements of the group including working with external and internal auditors.
- assisting with tax audits and transfer pricing projects and reviews as required.
- assisting the direct Tax Supervisor and Tax Managers with ad hoc projects such as new branch set ups, expense policy guidance, software upgrades, etc.
- Proven experience of working within a direct tax role, ideally within an international environment.
- Ideally candidates will hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or a relevant professional qualification (for example Chartered Accountant, Chartered Tax Advisor) with the ability to apply technical knowledge within a tax environment
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting principles and practices
- Ability to research basic tax issues, interpret tax laws and apply knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
Ability to prioritize work and work autonomously ensuring work is completed in line with the tax calendar
- Proficiency with standard software applications (Microsoft Excel, Word)
- Experience with ERP systems and tax software systems
- Fluent (written and oral) in English - any other European language (such as French, German, Italian, Spanish) would be advantageous
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply via Job postings within our Career Center or submit your application (with CV and Application letter) directly to Cécile Malary cécile.email@example.com in the Human Resources Department.
The closing date for applications is 31st October 2022.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center