AdjusterClaims, Other Careers Job ID 2023-13293 Primary Location: Madrid, Spain 06/14/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a US based company that operates in 100 countries with approx. 5,000 employees all over the world. With a history of more than 175 years and excellent financial ratings we are continuously growing, particularly in Europe and Eastern Europe.
We provide comprehensive global commercial and industrial property insurance, engineering-driven underwriting and risk management solutions, property loss prevention research and professional claims handling.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the Madrid Branch Claims Department as Loss Adjuster, based in the Madrid Office and reporting to Branch Claims Manager.
The role will involve:
- Investigate, negotiate, resolve, and settle predominantly large, complex PD and BI claims, in an equitable manner and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Provide direction and assistance to the client with loss mitigation, salvage, restoration of production, claims preparation and subrogation.
- Manage and control consultants, work with the adjustment teams to ensure the successful handling of their assigned losses.
- Handle losses, including a property damage, as well as some time element and liability to be determined losses across a variety of perils and occupancies.
- Consult with the insured’s management and offers FM Global assistance in loss mitigation, salvage, restoration of production and claims preparation.
- Work with the adjustment team and engage recognized independent accountants, consultants, engineers, or salvage experts.
- Responsible for identifying legal needs and recommend engagement of attorneys where subrogation is involved.
- Negotiate with the insured to reconcile differences of opinion about the extent of loss and/or coverage to reach a quick, equitable and fair settlement as promptly as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, insurance, finance or business and 2+ years of experience at FM Global or equivalent external experience highly desired.
- Competencies in project management and high aptitude for negotiation.
- Detail oriented, with excellent time management, planning, organization, and analytical
- Mindset oriented towards problem solving and decision making to establish priorities, make quick and sound recommendations and initiate actions accordingly.
- Able to work autonomously and in teams, across different departments or offices.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbally and in writing) in both Spanish and English. Portuguese, Italian or French would be a plus.
- The role will involve national and international travel, sometimes at short notice.
- The role may also involve a training period, of maximum four to six months, in Europe or in the USA, depending on language skills and experience.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply via Job Postings within Career Center following the instructions https://jobs.fmglobalcareers.com
You will also need to submit your application (with CV and Application Letter, in English) directly to Arnaud Dufour (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Human Resources Department.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center