Account Engineer IEngineering, Engineering - Other Job ID 2022-11712 Malvern, Pennsylvania 03/03/2022
More information about this job:
The Malvern, PA office has an exciting opportunity in Account Engineering.Depending on the level of the candidate's skill and experience this position may be eligible for alignment to Account Engineer I or Account Engineer II. Varying levels of experience and qualifications will be considered.
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Account Engineer is responsible for the global delivery of FM Global’s engineering products and services. Operating on an account wide basis, the Account Engineer must evaluate and assesses the nature, probability, and magnitude of loss potential to client’s interests. This is through utilizing world class predictive analytics and market leading Risk Quantification tools to clearly assess and differentiate risk. Through understanding the risk, the insights gained are applied in the mutual development of strategic risk improvement plans and their effective execution to support an “End Game” state.
Through application of our Client Service Process and working in collaboration with FM Global field engineering, client service, claims, and new business development, the Account Engineer consistently creates and delivers value for our clients and develops long term partnerships. The nature of the role lends itself to an innovative approach to challenges faced by our clients. This is while drawing on and utilizing your technical expertise and loss prevention resources within FM Global. As an Account Engineer you are the "trusted advisor" in matters of property risk assessment, loss prevention and managing change.
- Qualified candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or applied science.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a loss prevention consultant within FM Global or equivalent industry experience.
- Candidates must possess excellent written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills. Proven proficiency in risk identification and quantification including Location Based Engineering principles and Location Client Service Plan execution. Candidates must have the ability to analyze quantitative data and qualitative feedback to develop accurate risk assessments. The successful candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to negotiate and accelerate risk improvement that is recognized as valuable for the client.
- Candidates must be able to balance attention to detail with focus on Organizational objectives. Also, will be proficient in computer skills and basic knowledge of insurance concepts. Organizational, problem-solving, decision-making, consulting, and teamwork skills are needed to succeed in our collaborative structure.
- Travel varies by account workload but is usually 25% of the time.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center