Client Service InternUniversity, Client Service, Other Careers Job ID 2023-12959 Primary Location: Malvern, Pennsylvania 03/04/2023
Overview - External
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Our 10-week program will focus on the day to day business handlings of our three core business functions - underwriting, engineering and claims.
This position is accountable for developing basic underwriting and engineering skills needed for identification and assessment of risk. This skill set is used for application of underwriting standards. Individuals in this position will be exposed to underwriting, engineering, relationship management and client servicing.
• Provides assistance to Account Managers in handling underwriting details such as rating and pricing, analysis of coverages, terms and conditions, value analysis and certificates of insurance.
• Gains and maintains a good knowledge of the underwriting guidelines, policy terms and conditions, profitability analysis and pricing to assist the account manager in program analysis and design.
• Gains an understanding of FM Global’s capabilities and processes.
• Learns loss prevention and control concepts, including how to read and utilize information from Risk Reports and utilize their knowledge to assist the Account Manager in exposure identification and analysis.
• Academic Credentials (3.0 GPA or above)
• Outstanding analytical, problem solving, negotiation and computer skills
• Ability to work with financial data
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail is required
• Traveling may be required to visit our World-Renowned Research Campus in Rhode Island.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with FM Global in the U.S. and a condition of FM Global office entry in Canada. Further, all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing onsite for open positions, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center