You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
Mutual Boiler Re, a division of FM Global, is seeking a full-time Information Specialist in our Malvern, PA headquarters. For nearly 140 years, Mutual Boiler Re has been a leading provider of equipment breakdown reinsurance and today has more than 200 treaty partnerships across North America.
This person will coordinate and assist with the technical initiatives related to the strategic planning, design, implementation, monitoring, problem resolution, disaster planning and overall maintenance of the systems infrastructure.
Responsibilities - External:
Responsibilities include support of end users, both local and remote. Maintain and support all servers and the software running on the servers. Applicants should have over three years planning, organizing and directing the design, operation and maintenance of a systems infrastructure on an enterprise level, as well as supporting end users.
Qualifications - External:
Areas of knowledge and expertise should include:
- Good working knowledge of desktops, laptops and tablets
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Windows servers
- Experience with SAN and NAS storage in a Windows Server environment
- Experience in Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory and file/print services
- VMware - Design, install, configure and support ESXi / vMotion / vSphere / vCenter / vCloud
- Basic networking skills including TCP/IP, FTP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs and key networking devices like routers, switches, firewalls, proxy and other networking components
- Overall knowledge of other data center infrastructure including facilities, power, cooling, rack layout, cabling and server hardware platforms is preferred
- IBM Notes/Domino Administration a plus
- Expert analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to work independently or on a team and balance conflicting priorities
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written