Property Engineering Training Specialist
At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Engineer at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Decisiveness & Judgment
- Flexibility & Achieving Change
- Gets Results
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
Sr. Consultant engineer
employee since 2007
I play a part in building a bright future that can weather any storm.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Depending on your role, we offer a company vehicle to suit your traveling needs.
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Mutual Boiler Re, a member of the FM Global Group and a premier equipment breakdown reinsurer, is seeking a property loss control engineer that will specialize in developing and delivering engineering training services.
This position is accountable for the development and delivery of property engineering consulting and training services that are provided to our reinsurance partner company clients, adding value to our partner company relationships. The position is also involved in risk identification, exposure assessment, and communicating risk improvement opportunities to stakeholders.
The successful candidate should be able to:
- Through teamwork with the Mutual Boiler Re account managers, identify and coordinate strategic training opportunities with our partner companies that will add value to the relationship, and support the Partner Company Servicing Process.
- Using a collaborative solutions approach, work directly with our partner companies to identify occupancy and exposure driven training gaps, and develop a plan that is customized to their needs.
- Develop property engineering training programs, tools and materials that transfer basic loss prevention knowledge to our stakeholders.
- Deliver customized engineering training sessions to our partner companies underwriting, loss control, and claims staff through on-site classroom presentation, webinars, and meetings.
- Develop equipment breakdown exposure identification, quantification, and loss prevention guidelines for select occupancy and equipment classes.
At least 5 years property loss control background with a high level of technical expertise across a broad range of business classes and exposures.
Bachelors in Engineering or equivalent professional technical competency.
Must be a dynamic self-starter with a strong customer focus.
Excellent communication skills – written, presentation, listening to understand.
Good problem solving and decision making skills.
Possess strong hazard analysis, risk identification and quantification skills.
Must be willing to travel domestically 30-35% of the time.