Account ManagerClient Service Job ID 2022-12684 Primary Location: Melbourne, Australia, Sydney, Australia Additional Location(s): Sydney, NSW 12/22/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
An exciting opportunity exists for an Account Manager (AM) with highly developed interpersonal skills to join the Client Service team, reporting to the Assistant Client Service Manager. This is a permanent, hybrid, full time role, which ideally will be Melbourne based, but for the right candidate, Sydney will be considered.
An Account Manager performs insurance servicing and underwriting activities on existing accounts and for underwriting of new business. The role has ownership and accountability for overall account team leadership. The primary function is to serve as the Account Team Leader or Manager of the Account. The AM is the key/primary point of contact for clients/brokers on all aspects of the account including insurance products and services, with relationship oversight of the engineering and claims service delivery.
- Maintain a profitable book of business by effective use of sales techniques, risk assessments, application of sound underwriting principles and creative use of underwriting resources.
- Ensure premium growth by retaining existing clients. Establish and maintain equitable terms and conditions on new and existing accounts. Ensure policies accurately reflect both the insured's and FM Global's intent of coverage.
- Provide professional advice and consultation to all clients on insurance coverages and risk management matters.
- In conjunction with Account Engineers, establish risk improvement priorities. Support efforts to secure the client’s buy-in on those prioritised recommendations.
- Protect FM Global's assets through creative use of company underwriting programs and adherence to published guidelines which include: line setting techniques, judicious purchase of reinsurance, timely issuance of binders and policies, catastrophe aggregate analysis, M.F.L. analysis and cross-liability checks. For the larger more complex accounts, coaching and mentoring of the underwriter(s) providing account support as part of the Client Service Team, is one example of leadership that the role demands.
- Continue professional development, maintain necessary underwriting authority, and continue to update knowledge of underwriting guidelines, policy forms, loss prevention practices, and insurance industry developments.
- Provide leadership of the Client Service Process, practicing client centric principals. This includes developing strategies to close critical retention and profit threatening gaps. Delivering services and products that the client and broker view as beneficial. Fostering relationships on multiple levels
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; Postgraduate qualifications welcomed.
- We are seeking individuals with a property underwriting, risk engineering, or claims background, & 3+ years industry experience in servicing/underwriting large property accounts of varying occupancies.
- We are looking for candidates with client facing experience who can comfortably and confidently present, network and engage to convey a message. Listening skills are important.
- Working knowledge of property insurance and forms, financial statements, general loss prevention engineering terms and concepts as well as business computer applications preferred and highly regarded. Formal and on the job training is provided.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, empathy and integrity, and a track record of nurturing sustainable relationships with your clients.
- Demonstrated ability in organisation, problem solving, sales/negotiation, leadership and team building.
Please submit a CV and cover letter.
We offer our employees excellent career advancement opportunities and a wide range of benefits including career long learning, education assistance, flexible working, private health insurance & rich well-being programs, volunteer days and much more!
FM Global is committed providing all candidates with equal opportunities, and attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Candidates should have working rights in Australia, a valid passport, full driver’s license, and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center