Cyber Security Consultant
At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Consultant Engineer at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
I PLAY A PART IN BUILDING A BRIGHT FUTURE THAT CAN WEATHER ANY STORM.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.Gabriel — Engineering Specialist — Employee Since 2007
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
In this role, you will work directly with clients to build and entrench credibility with them on matters of cyber security through the process of assessing and understanding their cyber risk. This will include working with clients on interpreting risk assessment results and validation of plans to address specific cyber risk issues. You will also provide expertise to FM Global Account Managers and Engineers on cyber risk management and mitigation, and collaborate with the cyber team in the development, implementation and ongoing improvement of cyber assessment tools, services, and business processes.
Additionally, you will assist with the internal training of client-facing persons in communicating and understanding fundamental cyber security practices, risks, and recommended mitigation tactics. Acting as an external spokesperson for cyber in support of our efforts and initiatives, you’ll be responsible for staying abreast of industry standards and trends and maintaining relevant expertise.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in information technology with at least 5 years specifically working in the information/cyber security field
- Industrial control systems familiarity preferred, but not required
- Experience with one or more of the following: security risk assessments; development of enterprise security policies; cyber security risk consulting; or incident management
- Strong knowledge of operating systems and networks
- Strong knowledge of computer vulnerabilities, hacker methodologies and other threats
- Strong knowledge of widely recognized cybersecurity risk frameworks (ie; NIST, ISO etc.) and how to apply them within enterprise organizations
- Experience working with enterprise-level information security programs, including governance, risk assessment, policy/standards, technical controls, oversight and assurance, risk treatment, and security education/awareness
- Ability to leverage various trusted sources of information (articles, webinars, internet, etc.) to gain accurate and updated knowledge on cybersecurity and recommend appropriate solutions for FM Global
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Exemplary consultative skills a must
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; attention to detail
- Strong collaboration and decision-making skills
Bachelor’s degree in Information Security or a related discipline
CISSP designation is preferred; other relevant industry certifications may be considered.