Consultant EngineerEngineering Job ID 2023-13867 Primary Location: Milano Marittima, Italy 01/30/2024
FM Global is a US based company that operates in 100 countries with approx. 5,000 employees all over the world. With a history of more than 175 years and excellent financial ratings we are continuously growing, particularly in Europe and Eastern Europe.
We provide comprehensive global commercial and industrial property insurance, engineering-driven underwriting and risk management solutions, property loss prevention research and professional claims handling.
We currently have two fantastic opportunities to join the Paris Operations Engineering team as Consultant Engineer based in Milan and reporting to the Group Manager Field Engineering.
The Consultant Engineers will be working out from our office in Milan and will use their expertise to consult with clients to protect their facilities against potential fire, mechanical and electrical breakdowns, and many other hazards, gradually moving to work with high hazard FM Global clients.
- Work in partnership with our clients, understanding their businesses and helping them to prevent and to control fire and/or equipment related losses.
- Ensure that all hazards are properly identified at client locations: conduct on-site loss prevention evaluations that identify all reasonably foreseeable physical and human element exposures for perils.
- Accurately quantify exposures at client locations to assure that the Account Team places an appropriate level of attention on the exposure and the impact to the business.
- Take appropriate steps to guarantee the operational functionality of protective equipment at client locations to maximize the opportunity for loss mitigation and ensure that the protection systems are maintained at all times.
- Obtain local client understanding and agreement on the hazards/exposures discovered and their potential business impact.
- Achieve practical, effective on-site risk improvement, such as human element / maintenance programs and low / moderate cost physical improvements. And develop a plan for completing target recommendations for high capital improvements align with Account Engineering.
- Illustrate the value-added differential of FM Global engineering capabilities, and in conjunction with Account Engineering innovative methods to educate the client on loss prevention that should be pursued where appropriate.
- Identify upcoming changes to prevent associated exposures, providing timely high quality plan review services for medium complexity changes to ensure that proper loss prevention considerations are achieved at the design stage.
Knowledge & Skills
- Engineering degree educated with a minimum of 2 to 3 years experiences in a high hazard industry (production, maintenance dept. or as process hazards consultant) such as chemical, power generation, molten material or pulp & paper. Five years chemical or mechanical degrees would be a plus.
- Self-starter, problem-solving oriented and solution provider mindset, along with a genuine desire to bring about risks’ improvement.
- High attention to details, organizational skills, strong analytical thinker with logical application.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal: listening, negotiation and presentation skills are essential.
- Fluency in Italian & English - written & oral. Other European languages would be a plus.
- The role requires travelling mainly in an assigned geographical area, but also throughout the South Europe territory.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply via Job Postings within Career Center following the instructions https://jobs.fmglobalcareers.com
You will also submit your application (with CV and Application Letter) directly to Arnaud Dufour (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Human Resources Department.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center