Consultant Engineer Russia
At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Engineer at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Decisiveness & Judgment
- Flexibility & Achieving Change
- Gets Results
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
Sr. Consultant engineer
employee since 2007
I play a part in building a bright future that can weather any storm.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Depending on your role, we offer a company vehicle to suit your traveling needs.
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
The Field Engineering Department has a vacancy for a Consultant Engineer located in Moscow, Russia. The qualified candidate will report to the Group Manager Field Engineering in the Moscow office.
The Consultant Engineer position is an entry level position for field engineering and will receive comprehensive training in all of the various phases of office and field engineering work. The first year of training will be conducted outside of Russia. All work is typically conducted under close supervision. The consultant engineer will initially spend much time trailing others and being trailed in the field.
- Conduct basic on site loss prevention evaluations that identify all reasonably foreseeable physical and human element exposures for Fire, Boiler and Machinery as well as Natural Hazards.
- Accurately quantify exposures at client locations to assure that the Account Team places an appropriate level of attention on the exposure.
- Assure the operational functionality of automatic protection systems at low complexity client locations in order to maximize the opportunity for loss mitigation
- Obtain local client understanding and agreement on the hazards/exposures discovered and their potential business impact
- Achieve practical, effective on-site risk improvement at client locations
- Begin developing ability to illustrate the value-added differential of FM Global engineering capabilities.
- Accurately communicate the hazard and risk
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Applied Science or equivalent
- some years of reevant work experience is preferred.
- Willingness to travel throught Russia, as well as internationally
- Highly proficient spoken and written skills, in both Russian and English languages
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Efficient time management competency with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to drive internationally
- Management experience would be beneficial for future career