Account Engineer I AFMEngineering - Account Engineer, Engineering, Engineering - Other Job ID 2022-12013 Norwood, Massachusetts 06/01/2022
More information about this job:
The AFM Account Engineer position is critical as you are the first point of contact for communicating with our insureds & broker partners for all engineering products and services that we offer and that will best meet clients’ needs.
AFM Boston has a diverse book of business including manufacturing, healthcare, warehousing, real estate, etc. As an AE you will work in a variety of occupancies while establishing yourself as a trusted advisor to our insureds & broker partners, working to protect the value of our clients’ business.
On a corporate-wide basis, the you will evaluate and assess risk to the insured’s business in terms of nature, likelihood & severity. You will be clearly communicating the conclusions of your evaluation to the production underwriter, the insured and the broker partner. As an AE you will be responsible for prioritizing exposures, helping all parties understand the hazards & risks to your clients’ busines while developing cost-effective solutions and driving risk improvement.
You will also be working closely with the production underwriter on account renewals & prospects to ensure the growth of a profitable portfolio of business for operations. Through teamwork with field engineering, production underwriters & claims, the AFM Account Engineer provides responsive service & innovative solutions that foster long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our insureds & broker partners.
- Manage all aspects of the insured and broker partner engineering relationships.
- Support new business opportunities for AFM Boston, including conducting and / or coordinating site visits as needed.
- Accurately assess and communicate risk information on a global basis to obtain a competitive advantage for AFM, our insureds and our broker partners.
- Optimize servicing to clients’ locations to meet both AFM and insureds needs.
- Obtain insured client / prospect understanding and agreement on the key hazards and the corporate impact of the exposures.
- Consistently achieve risk improvement on a corporate basis with creative, cost-effective solutions from a well-developed and executed account strategy.
- Effectively manage change through communication with insureds and broker partners.
- Consistently illustrate the value-added differential of AFM engineering to our insureds, prospects and broker partners.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent experience/ background.
- Minimum of 2 years of Facility Hazards field engineering experience.
- Experience with a variety of occupancies (manufacturing, healthcare, warehousing, real estate, etc.), familiarity with hazards common to those occupancies and sound knowledge of the latest engineering techniques/tools.
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork, time management, analysis and problem solving, flexible thinking, decision-making, problem solving, demonstrated history of ownership, initiative and collaboration.
- Proficiency in computer skills and application.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center