Advanced Engineer- Cyber Security - FM Approvals
At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Engineer at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Decisiveness & Judgment
- Flexibility & Achieving Change
- Gets Results
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
Sr. Consultant engineer
employee since 2007
I play a part in building a bright future that can weather any storm.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Depending on your role, we offer a company vehicle to suit your traveling needs.
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Approvals is an international leader in third-party testing and certification services. We test property loss prevention products and services—for use in commercial and industrial facilities—to verify they meet rigorous loss prevention standards of quality, technical integrity and performance. How? By employing a worldwide certification process that’s backed by scientific research and testing, and over a century of experience.
The FM APPROVED mark is recognized and respected worldwide. Our certification instills confidence and commands respect in your marketplace.
The successful candidate will serve as an industrial control cybersecurity subject matter expert in support of FM Approvals' Certification Program for components that make up Industrial Control Systems.
The person in this position will be responsible for planning, conducting and directing testing and assessment of industrial control system components submitted for FM Approval as "cyber hardened components" and compliant with industry accepted security standards for ICSs. He or she will work in FM Global’s Engineering and Research facility in Norwood, MA, with occasional travel to the state of the art facility in West Glocester, RI, USA.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the development of proposals, preparation of test plans, supervision of tests, project management, documentation of results, preparation of written reports, participation on cybersecurity technical committees and other complex tasks associated with third party certification.
The working environment includes both the office and laboratory. Overnight travel, to consult with customers, attend technical conferences and to conduct and monitor tests at test facilities, is typically less than 20%.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in information security
- BS in engineering plus 7 years of experience working with industrial control systems desirable.
- MS in engineering plus 4 years of experience working with industrial control systems helpful.
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of recognized industrial control cybersecurity risk frameworks (i.e. NIST SP 800-82).
- -Detailed knowledge of recognized standards associated with the cybersecurity of industrial control systems (i.e. ISA/IEC 62443) and how to apply them.
- The successful candidate should have demonstrated project management skills, superior written and verbal communication skills, and computer proficiency with programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Candidate must have the ability to read, write and speak English proficiently and the ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Knowledge of SCADA Systems preferred.
- CISSP certification a plus.
- Candidate must possess outstanding relationship management skills including:
Exceptional customer service skills
Excellent communication skills (both orally and in writing)
Active listening skills to understand the points being made when someone else is speaking and giving full attention to the speaker
Effective speaking skills to convey direction, information and technical concepts
Ability to work effectively as a strong and supportive member of a team
Demonstrated skill in organizing work, setting priorities and planning