AFM Account AdministratorApply Now Job ID 2020-10232 Date posted 12/22/2020
Overview - External
AFM specializes in commercial property insurance for the middle market. It's what we do. The depth and breadth of our expertise and superior underwriting is second to none. We are skilled in anticipating the unique needs of this market. We constantly explore new ways to expand and tailor coverage to meet our brokers' and clients' ever-evolving business needs. This refined focus has allowed AFM to become an international presence in middle market property insurance spanning five continents.
As a member of the Account Team, this position is accountable for creating property insurance policy contracts and billing documents in compliance with corporate and country specific requirements. This includes validating and reconciling client information vital to prepare accounts, renewals, endorsements and cancellations; composing/building the policy terms and conditions; processing the financial and corporate required information and delivering outstanding service to clients and brokers in coordination with the Production Underwriters and other team members.
- Under the direct supervision of more experienced Account Administrators, acquires the knowledge and skills required to handle accounts independently
- Composes/builds and issues renewal and endorsement policy documents in accordance with Production Underwriter quotes and in compliance with underwriting, processing, country and statutory requirements.
- Enters and handles prospect/client data and financial information in various systems. Assembles all limits of liability, sub-limits, deductibles, rates, and any other required information.
- Populates the appropriate billing system through the creation and issuance of accurate invoices and/or provides billing instructions to worldwide issuing offices. Prepares Excel premium allocation spreadsheets.
- Provides mentorship and technical assistance to the Account Teams on the current processing requirements and liaises with internal offices worldwide to ensure accurate and timely service on accounts and to achieve company and operational objectives. Develops diverse knowledge of all protocols related to global products and services.
- Responds to broker inquiries in a timely manner and/or involves other appropriate personnel where necessary.
- Maintains organizational, contact and document distribution information for assigned accounts.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and will maintain constructive and harmonious relations with all internal and external customers!
- High school diploma, college preferred
- Minimum 2+ years work experience in an office environment, preferably in an insurance or related work environment
- Attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Strong problem-solving capability
- Advanced computing skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong math aptitude and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to plan and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Training & Benefits
At FM Global, we strive to build ongoing partnerships with our clients, and key to accomplishing this is developing long-lasting relationships with our employees. For that reason, our benefits programs are designed to be attractive to employees throughout the various stages of their lives—and careers.
We call it TOTAL REWARDS.
Though specific policies and programs may vary by location, they are all designed to provide stability and security for you and your family. Now and in the future.
To support what matters to you, our Total Rewards benefits include:
- Extensive training and professional development
- Inclusive culture that seeks out and respects diversity
- Healthy work/life balance through employee-focused policies, such as healthcare, fitness reimbursement and paid time off
- Company-provided car (for field engineers)
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base pay, an employee incentive plan, retirement benefits and programs
- Corporate citizenship programs and sustainability initiatives, including the Matching Gift and United Way campaign programs. Whether we're protecting the environment or giving back to the community, we are committed to doing business with honesty, integrity and transparency
The best way to learn more about what makes field engineering at FM Global so unique is to engage us in conversation. And visiting us at one of our events gives you the opportunity to ask questions in person and find out firsthand what makes our programs, our philosophy and our business so admired.