Banquet CookHospitality/Food/Lodging, Real Estates, Other Careers, Hobbs Brook Job ID 2023-13686 Primary Location: Norwood, Massachusetts 09/12/2023
More information about this job:
Hobbs Brook Real Estate LLC is an innovative commercial real estate leader with a portfolio of forward-thinking, sustainable properties in the United States and Singapore. Shaping the market since 1952, the company acquires, develops, manages, and serves as a valued partner to a variety of stakeholders. Hobbs Brook Real Estate (HBRE) brings unique property visions to life with a commitment to improving both the environment and the community. For additional information, please visit www.hobbsbrook.com. HBRE is the real estate division of FM Global.
We are seeking a Banquet Cook to prepare food for special events at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center in Norwood, MA! The Banquet Cook's primary goal is to prepare high quality dishes for special events to make them more memorable and enjoyable for our guests!
The Banquet Cook will contribute to food service operations by assisting in all operations related to the kitchen including preparation, cooking, and storage of food, sanitation, etc.
Other job requirements include:
- Physically delivering a food product according to the hotel's standards.
- Conducting oneself and work in a clean and safe manner, maintaining a professional atmosphere at all times.
- Meeting any special requests presented by guests.
- Preparing the dishes with creative flair.
- Being knowledgeable of ingredients used in foods to comply with a customer's specific dietary requirements
- A minimum of two years of professional cooking experience
- Knowledge of sanitation, cooking methods (i.e. sautéing and grilling) and knife skills
- Local Board of Health ServSafe certification preferred
- Experience cooking on the line, making soups and knowledge of temperature logs
- Culinary Arts Degree preferred
The salary range for this position is $19.18-$23.94/hour USD. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances, free meals, and Sheraton/Marriott employee discount at participating hotels.
Hobbs Brook Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center