Banquet ManagerHospitality/Food/Lodging Job ID 2024-14198 Primary Location: Norwood, Massachusetts 02/05/2024 Hiring Range: $70,300 - $87,900
Hobbs Brook Real Estate LLC is an innovative commercial real estate leader with a portfolio of forward-thinking, sustainable properties in the United States and Singapore. Shaping the market since 1952, the company acquires, develops, manages, and serves as a valued partner to a variety of stakeholders. Hobbs Brook Real Estate (HBRE) brings unique property visions to life with a commitment to improving both the environment and the community. For additional information, please visit www.hobbsbrook.com. HBRE is the real estate division of FM Global.
This position supports our award-winning Four Points by Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center in Norwood, MA!
Responsible for supervising and coordinating all activities of multiple food and beverage revenue outlets including social events, conference events, the hotel breakfast operation along with the conference break operation and the banquet beverage operation. This position is financially responsible for over $4m in food sales, $500,000 in beverage sales annually. Other financial responsibilities include payroll and gratuities, in excess of $1M annually. Responsibilities also include directly supervising the outlets manager or supervisor and assistant banquet manager, hiring, training and coaching line staff. Administrative duties include scheduling, payroll and end of event accounting responsibilities. Managerial duties include customer and staff resolution along with meeting the goals of entire Banquet department, and the F&B department. Other duties include:
- Recruiting, training and supervising banquet staff
- Managing budgets and statistical and financial recordkeeping
- Prepares and presents staffing and sales reports
- Constantly assessing the operation and making profitable decisions to better the property; sets financial goals for department
- Assisting and providing feedback regarding menus
- Ensuring compliance with licensing, hygiene and health and safety legislation/guidelines
- Assisting in marketing and promotions of hotel and department
- Overseeing product stock levels
- Interacting with guests and handling customer inquiries and complaints
- Assisting in special event coordination and reservations
- Meets and greets guests upon arrival and departure of events
- Makes recommendations on upgrading equipment and service levels
- Cash handling and administrative duties
- Direct FOH contact for all social events
- Continuously monitors operation and makes suggestions and improvements on service
- Oversees performance management for FOH staff including annual merit team increases
- Manages a staff of approximately 1 assistant banquet manager, 1 food and beverage supervisor and over 20 banquet staff members
- Works as a host for all social events, managing every aspect of the event from start to finish
- Previous banquet experience required.
- Prefer 3 years of management experience in hotel or banquet facility setting
The hiring range for this position is $70,300 - $87,900 USD. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances, free meals, and Sheraton/Marriott employee discount at participating hotels.
Hobbs Brook Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center