Business Risk Consultant
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global provides comprehensive global commercial and industrial property insurance, engineering-driven underwriting and risk management solutions, groundbreaking property loss prevention research and prompt, professional claims handling. We are the world’s largest commercial property insurance provider, with over 25% global market share, superior financial stability (ratings: A+ AM Best; A+ S&P; AA Fitch), and an operations history dating back to 1835. As a mutual insurance company, our unique products and services directly support our clients' overall risk management objectives through:
- Understanding the nature and reality of their specific risks
- Establishing sound loss prevention solutions that safeguard against loss
- Developing cost-effective insurance and risk transfer solutions backed by large, stable capacity
- Providing the claims and loss mitigation support to minimize business disruption
We currently have an exciting employment opportunity for a Business Risk Consultant to join FM Global Business Risk Consulting (BRC) in our Norwood, MA Operations office. This role will report to the US Group Manager for BRC and service a wide variety of Fortune 1000 FM Global clients primarily based out of our Boston office.
The core objective of BRC is to enhance FM Global's relationships with clients, improving client senior and executive management’s awareness of the resilience of key business drivers through a quantitative analysis, ultimately increasing client retention and gaining new business. To achieve this, BRC offers a range of risk consulting services to assist both FM Global clients and FM Global client service teams.
Provide business risk consulting services to current and potential FM Global clients; this includes regularly meeting and presenting to senior client management in order to develop a sound understanding of the client’s business model, critical processes and profit drivers – with a view to analyzing and mitigating the risks faced by these aspects of client operations. Responsibilities include:
- Provide general risk advisory, business impact analyses, ERM, business continuity management support, financial risk support services, insured values quantification and training to FM Global clients.
- Conduct financial modelling and analysis to quantify the financial impact of disruption-related risks to client operations.
- Elevate the clients’ awareness of their critical business risks and exposures and providing business-oriented resilience strategies.
- Solve our client’s property-related risk management issues and create opportunities for client services teams to access our client's senior and executive management and reinforce our position as a strategic partner to our clients.
- Provide internally focused insurable value reporting and exposure projects, and other financial support services to FM Global client service teams, including regular interaction with account managers, account engineers and FM Global operations and division management.
- Delivery of training courses around such topics to further demonstrate the portfolio of value-adding services that FM Global can deliver, such as insurable values reporting, supply chain exposure analysis, business impact analysis, and business continuity and resilience planning.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting and/or Finance from a recognized university (CPA and/or MBA preferred).
- 4 to 8+ years experience in a consulting environment (risk consulting or other such professional services advisory preferred); consulting experience to external clients preferred, but internal consulting candidates considered.
- Strong ability to understand our clients’ business models and produce strategic, quantitative analysis; financial modelling experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (strong presentation, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills essential).
- Excellent interpersonal and consultancy skills, as well as a positive and innovative outlook.
- Willingness to travel as part of this role (approximately 30%).