CookHospitality/Food/Lodging - Food Service, Real Estates, Other Careers, Hobbs Brook Job ID 2021-11337 Norwood, Massachusetts 11/26/2021
More information about this job:
Hobbs Brook Real Estate LLC is an innovative commercial real estate leader with a portfolio of forward-thinking, sustainable properties in the United States and Singapore. Shaping the market since 1952, the company acquires, develops, manages, and serves as a valued partner to a variety of stakeholders. Hobbs Brook Real Estate (HBRE) brings unique property visions to life with a commitment to improving both the environment and the community. For additional information, please visit www.hobbsbrook.com. HBRE is the real estate division of FM Global.
This Line Cook opportunity is at our restaurant, One Bistro, located at the Four Points Conference Center in Norwood, MA! One Bistro is a critically acclaimed, upscale casual dining restaurant. Our restaurant's success is driven by delicious, affordable, unpretentious food made from high quality, seasonal ingredients served in an atmosphere featuring beautifully lit, contemporary décor and open-kitchen energy.
This is a full-time, benefitted position. We are seeking a candidate with availability for either the lunch shift 8am-4pm or dinner shift 2pm-10pm; 3pm-11pm.
The Cook's responsibility is to contribute to food service operations by assisting in all operations related to the kitchen including preparation, cooking, and storage of food, sanitation, etc.
Other job requirements include:
- Physically delivering a food product according to the restaurant's standards.
- Conducting oneself and work in a clean and safe manner, maintaining a professional atmosphere at all times.
- Meeting any special requests presented by guests.
- Preparing the dishes with creative flair.
- Being knowledgeable of ingredients used in foods to comply with a customer's specific dietary requirements.
- A minimum of two years of restaurant cooking experience
- Knowledge of sanitation, cooking methods (i.e. sautéing and grilling) and knife skills
- Local Board of Health ServSafe certification preferred
- Experience cooking on the line, making soups and knowledge of temperature logs
- Culinary Arts Degree preferred
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more! Hobbs Brook Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center