Facilities EngineerReal Estates, Engineering - Other, Facilities - Grounds/Maintenance, Other Careers, Hobbs Brook Job ID 2023-13046 Primary Location: Norwood, Massachusetts 03/17/2023
More information about this job:
Hobbs Brook Real Estate LLC is an innovative commercial real estate leader with a portfolio of forward-thinking, sustainable properties in the United States and Singapore. Shaping the market since 1952, the company acquires, develops, manages, and serves as a valued partner to a variety of stakeholders. Hobbs Brook Real Estate (HBRE) brings unique property visions to life with a commitment to improving both the environment and the community. For additional information, please visit www.hobbsbrook.com. HBRE is the real estate division of FM Global.
This position supports the facilities team in the execution of daily operations for a portfolio of Class A multi and single tenanted office and laboratory commercial investment assets. Provides a Class A+ level of service to tenants, internal and external stakeholders.
Under supervision of the Facilities Engineering Manager and direction/guidance of the Lead Engineer, assists with the maintenance, operation, and troubleshooting of MEP systems at assigned properties. Performs various duties such as preventative maintenance and building repairs, completes work orders, acts as vendor escort in base building and tenant space. Assists Lead engineers with various hands on repair and maintenance work. Assists with routine HVAC filter changes, belt changes, lubrication. Maintains tools and equipment inventory.
This position requires experience within a commercial or industrial environment and an understanding of building facilities systems. Must be willing to learn and train in these systems as needed to identify problems, troubleshoot, and properly operate equipment.
On emergency basis, is required to help as needed under the direction of the Facilities Engineering Supervisor.
- Understands the function, purpose, and inter-dependencies of complex building systems, how these systems interact and affect one another.
- Possess a practical knowledge of Building Automation Systems to ensure buildings are functioning properly and efficiently, and the ability to use these systems to troubleshoot and resolve MEP issues in a timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of commercial building MEP systems to perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on a variety of equipment such as RTUs, MAUs, ERVs, pumps, and controllers. Assist fellow engineers, including those who are trade licensed, with repairs and maintenance such as motor replacements, belt and filter changes, lighting repairs, emergency signage/lighting testing, minor electrical, pumps, flushometers, and faucets.
- Performs general building maintenance tasks which may include re-lamping, ceiling tile replacement, repairs, and adjustments to door hardware like closers/locks/latches, relocation of equipment/inventory, drain maintenance, and light carpentry such as patching/sanding/painting of damaged walls and installation of whiteboards and pictures.
- Performs daily inspections of assigned buildings and equipment. Identifies items in need of repair and refers to supervisor. Performs other related tasks and projects as required. Manages assigned tasks within work order system (Building Engines) and completes work orders in a timely manner.
- Completes assigned work orders with detailed information on resolutions. Reaches out to supervisor for assistance if other resources are needed. Assists the Chief Engineer with bid requests and purchase order reviews, as needed. Recommends cost saving measures, where appropriate.
- Participate in rotating on-call coverage during non-business hours.
- High School or Equivalent
- 5+ years of commercial facilities experience, including working with commercial building equipment and 480v systems
- Working knowledge of building automation, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and Life Safety Systems. Ability to perform diagnostic troubleshooting on MEP equipment using Building Automation Systems, Sequence of Operations, and use of a multimeter.
- Ability to use power tools, safe use of ladders
- Proven ability to work from blueprints, schematics, and diagrams.
- Understanding of basic carpentry and plumbing for minor repairs
- OSHA safety training; understanding of safe EHS practices in a commercial environment
- Willingness to pursue additional training to support facility operations
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; comfortable interacting with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and Outlook for email, computerized work order systems, preparation of reports and spreadsheets.
The hiring range for this position is $28.46 to $40.86 per hour. The final salary offer will vary based on individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances, and much more.
HBRE/FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with FM Global. Further, all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing onsite for open positions, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center