Facilities Lead EngineerFacilities - Other, Real Estates, Engineering - Other, Facilities - Grounds/Maintenance, Other Careers, Hobbs Brook Job ID 2022-11993 Primary Location: Norwood, Massachusetts 09/23/2022
More information about this job:
Hobbs Brook Real Estate LLC is an innovative commercial real estate leader with a portfolio of forward-thinking, sustainable properties in the United States and Singapore. Shaping the market since 1952, the company acquires, develops, manages, and serves as a valued partner to a variety of stakeholders. Hobbs Brook Real Estate (HBRE) brings unique property visions to life with a commitment to improving both the environment and the community. For additional information, please visit www.hobbsbrook.com. HBRE is the real estate division of FM Global.
This position supports the facilities team in the execution of daily operations for an award winning Four Points by Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center. Provide a Class A+ level of service to tenants, internal and external stakeholders.
Serves as team lead for team of facilities engineers, providing leadership, mentorship, and guidance to the team as well as among the larger facilities group. Teaches repair and maintenance to bolster junior members’ skills to enable their professional growth and development. Position will either be responsible for assigned buildings or will serve the portfolio in a roving capacity with specialized and dedicated trade skills and experience.
Performs maintenance and repairs, troubleshoots complex building system problems. Performs various duties related to mechanical, electrical and/or plumbing, including, inspections, building repairs, and calibrations. Demonstrates sophisticated knowledge and hands on skills in building automation, energy management, control systems, electrical, plumbing and/or fire protection. May perform basic carpentry, furniture moves, monitor snow removal and address/resolve tenant work orders.
May be called upon in an emergency to stabilize, secure and make repairs necessary to maintain or re-establish occupancy of one or more buildings.
- 10+ years of facilities, maintenance and/or specialized trade work.
- Experience leading and mentoring teams, with or without direct authority preferred.
- Mechanical proficiency; use of power tools
- Strong knowledge of HVAC, MEP and life safety systems. State licensure such as electrician, refrigeration or plumbing preferred.
- Good working knowledge of building automation systems.
- Track record of working in a safe and responsible manner. Must be knowledgeable about OSHA safety and compliance regulations and able to obtain an OSHA 10 certification for general industry (having an OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 card is an advantage).
- Knowledge of loss prevention methods and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage with a broad range of stakeholders and at a variety of organizational levels.
- Solid computer skills in MS Office Suite
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more! Hobbs Brook Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global/HBRE visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center