ICS Assessment InternUniversity Recruiting - Opportunities for Students and Recent Graduates - Internship/Coop - Other, Other Careers Job ID 2022-12536 Primary Location: Norwood, Massachusetts 10/31/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The intern would be working on industrial control systems related assessments, particularly to understand and evaluate loss exposure mechanisms (including from cyber threats) and developing solutions to address them. The areas of focus would be robustness, security and integrity of ICS systems includingSCADA, DCS,PLCs, PACs, RTUs, networkconfigurations,automation and management systems.Initial emphasis could be on renewable energy technologies such as PVunits of industrial scale and energy storage.
The student will join the Equipment, Risk and Reliability Team of FM Global Research in Norwood, MA, anticipated in the spring/summer 2023.The internship would be 3 to 4 months with potential for extension based on mutual interest and agreement.The selected candidate will be working closely with and under the guidance of the project lead. The internwill:
- Follow the main objective, develop detailed research ideas consulting with internal subject matter experts, and execute the tasks as planned and prioritized.
- Interface with project lead and multiple departmentsas needed, on any issues regarding data and methodologies.
- Analyze the data available in the literature on known failure mechanisms and vulnerabilities in chosen areas.
- Apply engineering knowledge to assess ICS systems and to understand the risk at component and system levels.
- Provide insights and suggestions to improve the risk based on the undertaken studies.
- Document the study results for the benefit of other stakeholders.
- Seeking students pursuing bachelors or graduate degrees with relevant engineering disciplines who have taken courses such as instrumentation and controls systems,digital instrumentation,power electronics, microprocessors and controls, embedded systems, automation are considered suitable.
- Industry exposure to design, operation, maintenance, testing, and inspection of ICS systems, hardware software integration,network and configuration management, andsecurity is desirable.
- Students with good academic standing and prior experience in the industry are preferred.
- Strength in attention to details, problem-solving, and result delivery.
- Self-driven and work under general guide (not close supervision).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
The hiring range for this position is $22.00 to $25.00 per hour. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with FM Global in the U.S. and a condition of FM Global office entry in Canada. Further, all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing onsite for open positions, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center