IIoT Lab Support InternUniversity Recruiting - Opportunities for Students and Recent Graduates - Internship/Coop - Other, Other Careers Job ID 2022-12534 Primary Location: Norwood, Massachusetts 11/16/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We are looking for an intern or co-op student to help develop physical and software setups in our IIoT lab. This opportunity will provide educational and research value to the student through various activities in the lab.
The student will join the equipment risk and reliability team of FM Global Research in Norwood, MA as early as possible in 2023. The candidate will be closely working with and under the guidance of the project lead. The intern/co-op student will
- Operate, maintain and trouble-shoot the testing equipment and software used in the IIoT lab including mechanical components, electrical and control components, instrumentations (sensors and data acquisition system), data connectivity through wired or wireless technologies.
- Design test cases of equipment faulty/failure conditions originated from mechanical, electrical, control, and software issues, develop and document test procedures for research, approval, demonstrations, and training.
- Conduct research at an appropriate level in the general area of industrial IoT, equipment anomaly detection, fault diagnosis and prognosis.
- The candidate should be working towards a graduate degree, in the field of mechanical engineering, power/electrical engineering, mechatronics/robotic engineering, industrial engineering, or applied mechanics/physics.
- Strong hands-on experience in operating and trouble-shooting mechanical systems (preferably rotating machinery), instrumentation and control systems.
- Knowledge and experience in mechatronics, robotics and automation desired.
- Knowledge and experience in data modeling/analytics for fault detection and diagnostics desired.
- Strong self-driven nature and work under general guidance (but not close supervision).
- Strong verbal and writing skills in communication, including with internal colleagues and supervisors, external customers, collaborators, technology providers and vendors.
- Strength in attention to details, problem-solving, and result delivery.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
*FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center