Investment Analyst, AlternativesInvestments Job ID 2023-13073 Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts 03/24/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We are seeking a highly skilled Investment Analyst with co-investment expertise to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing and evaluating private investments through primary funds and direct co-investment opportunities. This role will also be heavily involved in other alternative investment projects supporting growing collaborative intelligence initiatives between the Investments team and Insurance business of FM Global.
Additionally, this role will work with senior members of the team and the CIO in areas spanning multiple asset classes for the global General Account and the US Defined Benefit pension plan. This is a new role and has significant growth potential across Investments.
Location and Schedule:
The work model for this position is hybrid, based in Backbay - Boston, MA. Most of the work is spent on-site in the office, with some flexibility for some remote work. Candidate should be able to travel up to 20% within the United States.
- Conduct research and analysis on private investment fund opportunities, including but not limited to private equity, venture capital, real estate, and other alternative investments.
- Identify and evaluate potential co-investment opportunities in conjunction with current or prospective private equity partners by creating financial models, performing sensitivity analyses, and assessing market trends and competitive landscapes.
- Work closely with our vertically integrated real estate platform to provide actionable insights for ongoing portfolio management and future opportunities within the General Account.
- Lead projects that increase collaboration between FMGIM and FM Global by providing an investment lens for company priorities. Including:
- Leveraging knowledge from investment markets and relationships for measuring insurable risk for private equity owned businesses/properties.
- Evaluating opportunities for investment in companies pursuing innovation relevant to the insurance industry (insurtech, fintech, etc.).
- ESG and Climate Resilience.
- Monitor the performance of existing investments and conduct comprehensive portfolio and risk analytics.
- Assist in the sourcing and due diligence process for new investment managers working with the senior investments lead on all aspects of external manager review and onboarding processes.
- Attend and lead research meetings, involving formal written recommendations and presentations on managers and strategies.
- Conduct market and industry research and be informed about current and developing insurance sector trends.
- Attend and document quarterly due diligence calls and semi-annual meetings with various investment managers.
- Work closely with senior investments lead and fund managers on ad-hoc research projects.
- 1-3 years of related work experience (investment banking, private equity/venture capital, investment management, or consulting experience preferred).
- Research, financial modeling, analytical and valuation skills.
- Experience in insurance-specific industries is a plus.
- Broad knowledge of the financial markets and within multiple asset classes (Equities, Fixed Income, Alternatives, etc.)
- Strong communication, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Fast learner with a strong teamwork-based mindset and a passion for investments.
- Good knowledge in using Bloomberg, FactSet, and similar investments systems.
- CFA, CAIA, or progress towards designation(s) is a plus.
The hiring range for this position is $97,500-$140,100 USD. The final salary offer will vary based on individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with FM Global in the U.S. and a condition of FM Global office entry in Canada. Further, all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing onsite for open positions, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center