Lead Research Engineer for Control System Software Quality & Security
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
As a Lead Research Engineer for Control System Software Quality you will join our Risk, Reliability and Failure Prevention team at FM Global’s Norwood Research Facility near Boston, MA. We are a team of high-powered individuals who identify,create, and support the implementation of solutions for today’s business problems, specifically providing guidance for the Approvals, and Engineering organizations within FM Global that deliver property risk solutions to product manufacturers and insured clients.
You will evaluateoverallcontrol system (ICS/IIoT) softwarequality and cybersecurity(including interactions with hardware),as well asthe software development lifecycle practices of system manufacturers.
You will plan, conduct, and direct the development and evaluation of approved scientific and engineering projects or tasks within projects, with minimal or limited supervision. Responsibilities include business-critical projects, interacting with internal and external customers andsuppliers,delivering,and communicating the status and results of your projects. The ability to address short and long-term business critical problems and develop new opportunities for FM Global to support property loss prevention is required.
- Experience with Software Quality Assuranceand security assessmentmethods and Management.
- Experience in the system integration area for software and hardware.
- Proven track recordofcreative problem solving andteamwork.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain complex cyber-related problems to non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to work with diverse teams in an inclusive environment focused on excellence.
- Knowledge ofrelevant standards such asIEC 61131-3, 61508, and IEC 62443is required. Knowledge of IEC 15504 is desirable.
- Experience in development of system architecture and programming languages for software requirement specification techniques’, such as ladder diagrams.
- Experience with Software Process Assessment Methods (CMMI, SPICE, etc.))
- Experience with Quality and Safety Plans for hardware and software components.
- BS, MS or PhDin a scientific or engineering discipline
- 7+ yearsof Control System Softwaredevelopment, QA, security assessment,orrelatedareas