Research Internship- non-destructive testing (NDT) of lithium-ion batteries Summer 2024University Recruiting - Opportunities for Students and Recent Graduates - Internship/Coop - Other, Other Careers Job ID 2023-13709 Primary Location: Norwood, Massachusetts 09/21/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Run cell degradation (load cycle) tests and use NDT tests like EIS.
- The intern would be required to understand the operation of battery cyclers and program the cycler simulating various operating regimes. The intern will also be conducting EIS tests on Li-ion cells.
- Support development of an automated test setup to switch between the cycler and the EIS test kit. This could involve use of Python and/or other applications to control hardware.
- Develop a program (MATLAB or python) to translate EIS test data to equivalent circuit using established models (circuit components to include SOH and internal impedance).
- Graduate student pursuing MS/Phd majoring in electrical engineering.
- Proficiency in MATLAB and/or python is required.
- Experience in conducting lab experiments is preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $30.00 to $35.00 per hour. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center