You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
The purpose of this position is to support laboratory facilities and equipment, maintain their safe operation, and conduct experiments in the area of material flammability and fire dynamics under supervision of research scientists.
The job responsibilities include:
- Follow experimental procedures to obtain accurate and reliable data for scientific analysis
- Maintain and calibrate test equipment; troubleshoot and as necessary take corrective action to repair test equipment
- Develop specific technical procedures and recommend purchase of necessary components, equipment and supplies related to assigned projects
- Design, fabricate and maintain mechanical/electrical test apparatus and instrumentations for reliable measurement of temperature, velocity, heat flux, energy release, etc.
- Communicate test results to research scientists with preliminary data analysis
Qualifications - External:
The position requires a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related fields, or an Associate degree with 3 years of related work experience in experimental labs.
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical principles necessary to conduct scientific experiment
- Capable of conducting hands-on laboratory tasks with minimal supervision
- Capable of designing and fabricating test apparatus as required
- Computer literacy - MS Office and data acquisition software
- Knowledge of personal and area safety in the working environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated history of strong performance of teamwork
- Demonstrated ability of providing innovative solutions to challenging problems is highly desirable
- Title and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.