Insurance Support Specialist IUnderwriting/Reinsurance, Other Careers Job ID 2023-13334 Primary Location: Paris, France 06/30/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We are currently looking for an Insurance Support Specialist for a 6-month short term contract.
This position is responsible for executing insurance product and service delivery support.
This is the first of two levels within this job family.
The Insurance Support Specialist handles various tasks on small to medium-size global accounts with increasing complexity requiring technical knowledge of systems and procedures, under direct supervision.
The role contributes to the full life-cycle for processing of new business, renewals and mid-term changes. Performs various insurance product and service delivery support under supervision and direction in order to ensure timely delivery of quality products to new and existing clients.
The role of an Insurance Support Specialist will be responsible for:
- Working on client spreadsheets to ensure that they are in a format suitable for upload into FM Global systems.
- The collection, review and processing of prospect/client locations and values in corporate systems. Maintains client and broker contact information and document distribution instructions.
- Works with the CS teams to ensure that BIM is maintained for engineering updates and prospect information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Communicates effectively with the Client Service Teams and elevates queries as necessary.
- Works to corporate standards to ensure a quality product in terms of the locations processed in FM Global systems.
- As a back-up, prepares certificates of insurance and proof of insurance documentation as a result of client and broker requests in accordance with documented terms and conditions, territory requirements and company compliance.
- May be responsible for liaising Liaises with the Client Servicing Teams and the requester to ensure that the certificates/pifs (Policy Information Form/Proof of Insurance) are accurate before issue.
- As a back-up may Issue/distribute the certificates/pifs electronically or hard copy as per the instructions provided.
- Follows corporate procedures, guidelines and governance for processing of insurance deliverables.
Education: High School or GED, University coursework preferred
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience preferably within insurance, finance or other environment. Combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, primarily Excel
- Good Communication skills, both oral and written in English.
- Embraces teamwork
- Team-player, with ability to work independently
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Solid math aptitude and analytical skills
- Time management
- Flexibility/adaptability to change
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in English is required. Spanish would be a plus.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (with CV and Application Letter, in English) directly to Arnaud Dufour (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Human Resources Department.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center