Production UnderwriterUnderwriting/Reinsurance, Other Careers Job ID 2023-12747 Primary Location: Paris, France 01/20/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions.
FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the AFM team as Production Underwriter.
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing and growing a profitable portfolio of business within an assigned territory, consistent with policies, business strategies and objectives.
- Promote and market AFM products and loss prevention engineering services to a network of producers to sustain a steady stream of desirable new business opportunities and a stable portfolio of existing customers.
- Research and recommend the appointment of new brokers and establish multiple business contacts at appointed producers to maximize opportunities and maintain long term relationships.
- Develop/maintain and grow a profitable book of business:
- Evaluate and determine the acceptability of the risk throughout analysis of the broker submission.
- Collaborate with account engineering to complete an account risk assessment that determine the nature and level of loss prevention activity needed and identifies/quantifies risk improvement priorities.
- Skillfully parley final program coverage, pricing, terms, and conditions to recognize market conditions and meet customer needs in the most cost-efficient way.
- Maintain regular contact with the producer, and customer as appropriate, throughout the term of the policy to monitor and manage change in the customer’s business and exposures.
- Provide excellent and responsive service to our broker and customer base that clearly leverages our strengths as a competitive differential in the marketplace.
- Ensure that all submissions, proposals, policies, billing, and requests for midterm changes are handled expeditiously with documentation delivered in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Provide professional advice and consultation on insurance coverage and risk management matters in the determination of customized coverage and underwriting solutions.
- Assume a team leadership role working with the different department to coordinate and deliver all products and services and demonstrates transactional speed and ease.
- Coordination of account team resources to provide excellent and responsive service that adds value to our broker and customer relationships.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or finance, Insurance or risk management certification desirable.
- Minimum 5 years underwriting or broker experience within the industry (insurance or brokerage) with exposure to commercial property accounts of varying occupancies and sizes. An engineering background would be a plus.
- Knowledge of our business including an understanding of risk identification and assessment, property insurance coverage, forms, financial statements, and business computer applications.
- Details oriented, with excellent time management, planning, organization, and analytical skills.
- Business oriented with sales/negotiation skills, and problem solving and decision-making mindset.
- Pro-active, resilient, motivated, and perseverant.
- Good team player and able at the same time to work autonomously demonstrating excellent judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbally and in writing) in both English and French.
- Very attractive incentive package
- 26 days of paid vacation + additional days off
- Flexible working hours + 50% remote working option
- Ticket Restaurant
- Fitness reimbursement
- And much more...
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Closing date for applications: February, 5th 2023.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center