Sr Underwriter Client ServiceUnderwriting/Reinsurance, Client Service, Other Careers Job ID 2023-13303 Primary Location: Paris, France 06/07/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions.
FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Chemical Operations has an immediate opportunity for an ambitious, intellectually curious and business savvy Underwriter The candidate will join the team as Underwriter Client Service based in Paris.
Are you ready to stretch your professional and personal boundaries with this unique challenge?
Reporting to the Client Service Manager, this position is accountable for developing underwriting, relationships and engineering skills while providing technical support, primarily on underwriting issues, to the Account Manager in developing sound insurance programs for existing and prospective clients.
- Providing technical support to Account Managers in handling underwriting details such as value validation, line settings quantification, reinsurance needs and placement, rating and pricing, analysis of risk quality and coverage, catastrophe aggregate analysis, cross liability checks, policy review, issuance and other terms and conditions.
- Gaining and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of underwriting standards, policy forms and loss prevention practices.
- Assisting Account Managers in developing insurance programs that satisfy customer needs whilst adhering to company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Assisting Account Managers in the preparation and delivery of internal and external meetings, presentations, proposals and account servicing activities.
- Independently managing and processing small to midsize accounts/prospects under supervision
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of company underwriting standards, market trends, coverage, programs, reinsurance and new developments in the EMEA insurance market.
- Learning loss prevention and control concepts, including how to read and utilize information from risk reports and utilize their knowledge to assist the Account Manager in exposure identification and analysis.
- Leading UW training and special projects as directed by Client Service Manager
- Attending necessary training classes such as Core UW Skills I, II, and III, Client Service Process Essentials, and other training seminars offered in Norwood, MA or elsewhere in the world as provided by the FM Global Academy.
- Master’s degree is appreciated.
- 3+ years insurance or financial industry. Experience in processing or field/account engineering a plus
- Proactive in identifying UW needs and taking initiative to help AMs find solutions.
- Flexibility in prioritizing and handling diverse activities and workload.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with considerable attention to detail
- Dedicated team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills.
- Fluency in English and in French. Any supplemental language would be a plus (Spanish, German).
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center