Account Engineer AFM I or II
Park Ridge, Illinois
At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Consultant Engineer at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
I PLAY A PART IN BUILDING A BRIGHT FUTURE THAT CAN WEATHER ANY STORM.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.Gabriel — Engineering Specialist — Employee Since 2007
More information about this job:
On a corporate-wide basis, the AE evaluates & assesses risk to the insured’s business in terms of nature, likelihood & severity, then clearly communicates that to the production underwriter, insured & broker partner. The AE prioritizes exposures, helps all parties understand the hazards & risks to the insured’s business, develops cost-effective solutions & drives risk improvement. The AE works closely with the production underwriter on account renewals & prospects to ensure the growth of a profitable portfolio of business for Chicago Operations. Through teamwork with field engineering, production underwriters & claims, the AFM Account Engineer provides responsive service & innovative solutions that foster long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our insureds & broker partners.
The AFM Account Engineer position is office-based. However, remote working will be considered for exceptional candidates currently residing in the geographic territory of Chicago Operations and close to a concentration of AFM-Central Region insureds.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Accurately assess and communicate risk information to obtain a competitive advantage for AFM, our insureds, and our broker partners.
2.0Obtain insured client / prospect understanding and agreement on the key hazards and the total impact of the exposures.
3. Consistently achieve risk improvement with creative, cost-effective solutions from a well-developed and executed account strategy.
4. Effectively manage change through communication with insureds and broker partners.
5. Manage the insured and broker-partner engineering relationships.
6. Support new business opportunities, including conducting Prospect visits as needed.
7. Develop and manage an engineering resource plan that meets both AFM and individual insured needs.
8. Consistently communicate and demonstrate the value-added differential of AFM engineering to our insureds, prospects, and broker partners.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
1. Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent experience/ background and a minimum of 3 years of Facility Hazards field engineering experience.
2. Experience with a variety of occupancies (manufacturing, healthcare, warehousing, real estate, etc.), and familiarity with hazards common to those occupancies.
3. Excellent communication (verbal and written), relationship-building, decision-making, analysis / problem-solving, and planning / organization skills with a demonstrated history of ownership, initiative, collaboration and getting results.