Park Ridge, Illinois
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
Chicago Operations is looking for a professional Administrative Assistant. This position provides support to the operations. The successful candidate will possess strong organizational skills, creativity and be a self-starter.
Established nearly 200 years ago, FM Global is a mutual insurance company whose capital, scientific research capability and engineering expertise are solely dedicated to property risk management and the resilience of its client-owners. These owners, who share the belief that most property loss is preventable, represent many of the world’s largest organizations, including one of every three Fortune 1000 companies. They work with FM Global to better understand the hazards that can impact their business continuity to make cost-effective risk management decisions, combining property loss prevention with insurance protection.
Responsibilities - External:
- Maintaining the café areas—dishwashers, refrigerators
- Ensuring that the rooms are set up for events, luncheons, etc.
- Ensuring that the rooms are clean following events, luncheons, etc.
- Coordinating food delivery, set-up, clean-up for training, meetings, etc.
- User champion for conference room equipment: teleconference, video conference, etc.
- Inputting financial data for actual to budgets and employee expenses
- Updating telephone directory/organizational chart for personnel changes
- Preparing booklets (orientation, client service, etc.)
- Provide assistance in employee events including: publicity, invitations, tracking attendance, expenditures, etc.
- Create purchase requisitions
- Enter and track work orders for the office
- Create and post announcements to the Local News portal
- Coordinate travel reservations
- Create Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
- Coordinating interviews for all department
- Contact candidates
- Schedule interviews
- Administer assessments
- Provide directions, application, benefits
- Mailing benefit packets to new employees
- Scanning/processing new hire paperwork and performance reviews for submittal to HR Data Administration
- Creating/maintaining office/cubicle nameplates
- Maintaining floor plans of office/cubicle assignment
- Program welcome TV
- Provide coverage for receptionist in her absence: vacations, illness, lunches, etc.
- Schedule meetings
- Prepare agenda and minutes
- Maintain audit logs
- Assist in safety initiatives
- Back-up to EverBridge notification system
Qualifications - External:
High School diploma or equivalent
Entry level administrative, human resource experience a plus
Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Good written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills
Detail-oriented, organized and deadline-driven
Creative self-starter with critical thinking skills