Park Ridge, Illinois
At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Consultant Engineer at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
I PLAY A PART IN BUILDING A BRIGHT FUTURE THAT CAN WEATHER ANY STORM.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.Gabriel — Engineering Specialist — Employee Since 2007
More information about this job:
Hobbs Brook Real Estate LLC is an innovative commercial real estate leader with a portfolio of forward-thinking, sustainable properties in the United States and Singapore. Shaping the market since 1952, the company acquires, develops, manages, and serves as a valued partner to a variety of stakeholders. Hobbs Brook Real Estate (HBRE) brings unique property visions to life with a commitment to improving both the environment and the community. For additional information, please visit www.hobbsbrook.com. HBRE is the real estate division of FM Global.
This position supports the facilities team in the execution of daily operations for a portfolio of Class A multi and single tenanted office space. Provides a Class A+ level of service to tenants, internal and external stakeholders.
Under supervision of the Facilities Engineering Manager and direction/guidance of the Lead Engineer, assists with the general maintenance of assigned properties as well as other assets as required. Performs various duties such as preventative maintenance and building repairs, completes tenant work orders, acts as a vendor escort in base building and tenant space. Assists Lead engineers with various hands on repair and maintenance work. Assists with routine HVAC filter changes. Maintains tools and equipment inventory.
It is expected that Facility Engineers have experience and some expertise with at least one building facilities system and be open to learning about other systems as needed. Facility Engineers will provide some supervision to Maintenance Technicians as required, and work in a team environment to maintain equipment and to ensure overall efficient operations.
On emergency basis, is required to help as needed in the park under the direction of the Facilities Engineering Supervisor.
- 5+ years of general facilities and maintenance experience, including working with commercial building equipment.
- Building controls experience with an understanding of automation and fire alarm panels. Trane experience preferred.
- Strong mechanical skills and an understanding of HVAC “systems”
- Demonstrates practical knowledge of building Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Life Safety Systems. Ability to perform diagnostic troubleshooting on MEP equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use power tools
- Proven ability to work from blueprints, schematics and diagrams while troubleshooting
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and Outlook for email and work order system, preparation of reports and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of basic carpentry and plumbing
- OSHA training on safety and compliance helpful but not required
- Solid interpersonal skills; comfortable interacting with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Participation is required in snow removal duties with team.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more! Hobbs Brook Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.