Quality Engineer Auditor II
Park Ridge, Illinois
At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Engineer at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Decisiveness & Judgment
- Flexibility & Achieving Change
- Gets Results
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
Sr. Consultant engineer
employee since 2007
I play a part in building a bright future that can weather any storm.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Depending on your role, we offer a company vehicle to suit your traveling needs.
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Approvals is an international leader in third-party testing and certification services. We test property loss prevention products and services—for use in commercial and industrial facilities—to verify they meet rigorous loss prevention standards of quality, technical integrity and performance. How? By employing a worldwide certification process that’s backed by scientific research and testing, and over a century of experience.
The FM APPROVED mark is recognized and respected worldwide. Our certification instills confidence and commands respect in your marketplace.
- Ensure the integrity of FM Approved products through performing surveillance audits throughout the FM Approvals customer base.
- Manage, cultivate and maintain partnerships with a variety of FM Approved product manufacturers.
- Independently examine the procedures, processes, systems and records for conformity requirements.
- Review Approval markings, critical drawings, documentation control, quality procedures and inspection, equipment calibration and product validation.
- Effectively perform audits and capably evaluate audit/test results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy and perspective of conclusions against the accumulated audit/test evidence.
- Accurately report on a wide variety of witness testing through effectively communicating audit results, both verbally and in written reports and documentation.
•Significant travel required. Approximately 60% - 80%
Bachelor's Degree required with a technical field of expertise preferred
Up to Five years of related audit, process control or QA experience
Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
ISO 9000 experience a benefit