Talent Acquisition Specialist
Park Ridge, Illinois
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Are you interested in joining a dynamic and innovative team? As a key member of the talent acquisition team you will deliver full life cycle recruiting support to multiple operations to fill Engineering positions within your assigned division. You will ensure the successful attraction, recruitment and hiring of the best possible engineering candidates. This will be achieved by advising operations hiring managers on which recruiting events will generate the most return on investment and on which universities to align with to develop strategic partnerships.
If you see yourself as a talent scout, like to apply creative/innovative sourcing ideas to yield tangible recruiting results and are passionate about delivering high quality service to hiring managers this may be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
Responsibilities - External:
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for executing the university relations recruiting strategy for the operations in their assigned division. Responsible for the hands-on day-to-day delivery of recruiting results, activities will include but are not limited to the attraction, selection, hiring and on-boarding of entry-level talent, engineering interns and co-ops. This role will provide direction and counsel to operations teams on all recruiting matters. Although the focus of this role will be on hiring entry level engineering talent, this role may be asked to recruit experienced talent for operational needs within their assigned division.
Responsible for overseeing university relations recruiting for assigned division, which includes attending and/or the coordination of FM Global representation to attend career fairs, on-site interviewing, scheduling visits/events and building the FM Global brand through the development of strategic relationships with key colleges and universities.
Drive the execution of the recruitment process, including, but not limited to, creating job postings, sourcing candidates, pre-screening resumes and making recommendations to hiring managers within assigned division.
Proactively and continually source, develop and maintain effective candidate pipelines and network of diverse engineering talent.
Create and track campus recruitment metrics.
Hands on management of the division co-op and internship program events.
Requires travel to operations within assigned division as well as attending campus events during and after normal business hours.
Qualifications - External:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related discipline required
- 2 to 3 years of overall recruiting experience inclusive of 1+ year of university relations experience preferred
- Prior experience as a university relations recruiter, inclusive of internships / co-op’s and new graduates required
- Prior experience building candidate pipelines through a variety of sourcing strategies including university relations, professional networking, social media and other talent sourcing methods required
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word) required
- Prior experience with applicant tracking systems required, ICIMS or Workday a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work effectively as an individual or team member
- Strong customer service skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, own, and drive recruiting efforts to completion with minimal supervision
- The ability to think proactively and independently to get work done efficiently
- Strong organizational and time management skills to manage competing priorities as well as work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong university and business relationships
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze data and produce staffing metric reports
- Willingness to attend campus events during and after normal business hours
- Willingness to travel approximately 30% depending on the season (heavier travel in the spring and fall)