Production Underwriter II
Parsippany, New Jersey
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
AFM specializes in commercial property insurance for the middle market. The depth and breadth of our expertise and superior underwriting is second to none. We are skilled in anticipating the unique needs of this market. We constantly explore new ways to expand and tailor coverage to meet our brokers' and clients' ever-evolving business needs. This refined focus has allowed AFM to become an international presence in middle market property insurance spanning five continents.
We have an exciting opportunity in our New York AFM office to help us grow our business. This position is accountable for developing and growing a profitable portfolio of business in an assigned territory, consistent with FM Global and AFM policies, business strategies and objectives.
This is accomplished through the marketing of AFM products and loss prevention engineering services to a network of producers with whom long term relationships are developed and maintained. It involves the production and retention of quality new and renewal business through effective risk selection, creative underwriting strategies to optimize net retention, negotiation of pricing, terms and conditions that effectively balance both customer and company needs, and coordination of account team resources in order to provide excellent and responsive service that adds value to our broker and customer relationships.
- Market AFM products and loss prevention engineering services to a network of producers in an assigned territory to sustain a stream of desirable new business opportunities and a stable portfolio of existing customers.
- Develop and grow a profitable book of business through the application of sound underwriting principles and creative use of underwriting and engineering resources to effectively analyze and select risk.
- Successfully retain an existing book of business through an understanding of risk and our ability to deliver innovative underwriting and engineering solutions that add value to our customer’s business.
- Provide responsive service to our broker and customer base that leverages our strengths as a competitive differential in the marketplace.
• Represent AFM in the marketplace as the “property insurer of choice” by acting as a professional, property insurance specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; MBA and/or CPCU desirable.
- 5-10 years of industry experience as a broker or underwriter within the commercial property arena
- Sound working knowledge of our business including a good understanding of risk identification and assessment, property insurance coverage, forms, financial statements and business computer applications. Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication, time management, analysis, decision-making, problem solving, sales/negotiation/presentation and leadership
• Proven network of property producers and industry contacts.