At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Engineer at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Decisiveness & Judgment
- Flexibility & Achieving Change
- Gets Results
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
Sr. Consultant engineer
employee since 2007
I play a part in building a bright future that can weather any storm.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Depending on your role, we offer a company vehicle to suit your traveling needs.
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
If you enjoy variety, put your time-management and organizational skills to use handling field visits, office work, and projects for large commercial occupancies and hazards. You will work with minimal supervision and must be capable of working independently.
The Consultant Engineer position is an entry level position for field engineering and will receive comprehensive training in all of the various phases of office and field engineering work. This training is conducted in Germany and Poland but also in the USA. All work is typically conducted under close supervision. The Consultant Engineer will initially spend much time trailing others and being trailed in the field.
You will gradually begin assessing risks at larger complex commercial properties by visiting client facilities and performing evaluations that accurately quantify foreseeable physical and human element exposures as well as draw up technical risk profiles with a focus on fire protection, natural hazards and machine breakage:
- Perform hands-on site assessments of the physical property
- Conduct evaluations which include, but are not limited to, site water supplies, dust hazards, chemical storage, and rack storage arrangements for client products
- Ensure that FM Global Engineering Standards are followed and, as necessary communicate the appropriate recommendations and/or engineering solutions to clients
- Develop innovative technical solutions and measures for risk minimization and support our customers in ongoing projects
- Working from a home office and travel to clients' facilities daily (overnight travel is expected approximately 30% of the time). Travel to Natural Catastrophe sites will be required as needed.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering (various specialties considered),
- 3+ years of experience in industrial environment preferred,
- Strong verbal and written English and Polish communications skills,
- Good analytical, organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills,
- Efficient time management ability with minimal supervision,
- Solid technical aptitude including diverse knowledge of engineering principles,
- Valid driver’s license,
- You will be expected to work independently and should be willing to operate from your home office which is expected to be in the Poznan Area or along the major A4 highway between Wroclaw, Katowice and Krakow.