Plan Review ConsultantEngineering, Engineering - Other Job ID 2022-11970 Poland 07/29/2022
More information about this job:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Plan Review Consultant to join Frankfurt Operations, based in Poland. The Plan Review Consultant will conduct primarily reviews of sprinkler plans based on the FM Global Property Loss Prevention Data Sheets. He/she must understand the scope of the project under review, beyond the plans submitted, if needed, to identify other review opportunities not initially presented by the client.
- Conduct office reviews of fire protection and construction submittals based on the engineering Operating Standards and Operating Requirements.
- Work with client to understand the scope of the project under review and provide technical loss prevention guidance as needed (by use of Project Reports, Plan Review Letters, e-mails, etc.).
- Conduct on-site project acceptance for fire protection and construction, verify implementation of project related recommendations for loss prevention and accurately quantify exposures to assure that the Account Team places an appropriate level of attention on the exposure.
- Identifying deficiencies and reasonably foreseeable physical and human element exposures for fire, equipment and natural hazard perils.
- Reviewing previous correspondence (Risk and Project Reports, letters, e-mails, etc.) and as needed, communicate clearly and effectively with the Designated Service Provider, assigned project engineer(s), clients, and contractors to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project.
- Provide technical support for client requests made to the office as indicated by the manager.
- Illustrate the value-added differential of FM Global engineering capabilities.
- Accurately communicate the hazard and risk.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in reading/understanding technical, construction, equipment, and fire protection drawings and specifications.
- Experience using CAD software and computer-based calculation tools; experience with building information modeling is a plus.
- Experience with VDS/FM Global Standards is an advantage.
- Project and design experience desirable.
- Efficient time management competency with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
- Business fluent in Polish and English, with strong verbal and written skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center