Providence, Rhode Island
Overview - External
FM Global is a Fortune 500 company and the leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. And we’re not like any insurance company you’ve ever known. Being the curious researcher that you are, you’re going to visit our website to learn about our company. (May we suggest: begin here?)
We’re looking for an intern for our innovation team, who can help us redefine the industry. That could mean working on the best solution since drones, computer vision and aerial imaging. Or it may come from your interest in behavioral science, artificial intelligence or robotics.
Through FM Global’s hands-on, paid corporate innovation internship program, students compete for a unique opportunity to work with the innovation team! This will be to gather and analyze data to support FM Global’s initiatives and position the company competitively in the market.
Experience you will gain
FM Global’s innovation interns gain meaningful, real-world experience in gathering, analyzing and evaluating market data. As well as, researching market performance and analysis as it relates to products and services. As an intern, you will receive excellent mentoring and supervision and gain real world working experience in a corporate environment! Your qualitative and quantitative contributions will play an integral role in assisting the innovation team to position FM Global both as an industry leader globally, as well as an employer of choice locally.
At FM Global, expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in or assisting with many of the following activities:
- Continuously scan competitive landscape for emerging trends and opportunities in multiple industries;
- Identify and communicate relevant consumer insights, competitive intelligence, and analytical findings to the broader innovation team;
- Conduct research and summarize findings/offer perspectives to support compelling and research supported perspectives on emerging technologies trends to the team
- Prepare presentations, data visuals to support the research;
- Receive excellent mentoring and supervision
- Gain real world working experience in a professional, corporate environment
To be considered for FM Global’s year-round innovation research internship, you should:
- Major in Market Research, Innovation, Business Management, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Technology, Behavioral Science or other relevant fields.
- Possess internet research skills as well as familiarity with databases such as LexisNexis and Hoovers.
- Hours are flexible and depend on the student’s class schedule, course requirements (if applicable) and availability. Ideally, the hours would be full-time during the summer, and/or part-time during the fall and spring semesters, with a start date in summer 2021. The FM Global innovation internship is offered at the company’s Innovation Center in Providence, R.I. The role will be remote until early September due to Covid.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.