Account Engineer I B&MEngineering, Engineering - Other Job ID 2022-11695 Primary Location: Reston, Virginia 12/07/2022
More information about this job:
Our Washington, DC Operations (Reston, VA Office) has an exciting opportunity in Account Engineering.Depending on the level of the candidate's skill and experience this position may be eligible for alignment to Account Engineer I or Account Engineer II. Varying levels of experience and qualifications will be considered.
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Do you know how a power plant operates or why a transformer has a malfunction? Can you explain high cycle fatigue, flow associated corrosion? Have you ever seen a turbo generator break down, a lube oil fire or witness a steam turbine fail? Would you like to?
At FM Global, you have the power to influence outcomes and make a difference in the future – yours and your clients. When you join our team, you can leverage your engineering background to help clients neutralize potential disasters—saving property and businesses.
With the company’s nearly two centuries of knowledge and experience behind you, you’ll work hands on with some of the world’s most influential organizations, helping them understand risk and protect their assets.
On an account wide and corporate basis, the Boiler & Machinery Account Engineer evaluates and assesses the nature, probability and magnitude of loss potential and communicates this to a customer/prospect and account team. Experienced engineers will use their expertise to consult with clients to protect their facilities against mechanical and electrical breakdowns, fire and many other hazards. The incumbent prioritizes the exposures, ensures the customer understands the hazard and the risk to their facilities, agrees to the solution and implements the needed changes. Through teamwork with FM Global field engineering, underwriting, claims and new business development, the Boiler & Machinery Account Engineer provides a responsive service with innovative solutions to challenges that will foster long-term customer relationships.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Evaluate the integrity and reliability of equipment, identify hazards and deficiencies to deliver focused risk improvement solutions and reduce equipment risk.
- Utilize Operating Standards, Data Sheets and guides to provide risk guidance and implement best practices.
- Collaborate with Field Engineering, Operations Engineering, Account Management and Underwriting on Boiler & Machinery recommendations.
- Develop and manage an engineering resource plan that meets company and individual customer/prospect needs.
- Accurately assess and evaluate global risk information to obtain a competitive advantage for our customers, prospective customers and FM Global.
- Manage the achievement of global engineering consistency on an account basis.
- Obtain customer/prospect understanding and agreement on the key hazards and the corporate impact of the exposures.
- Consistently achieve risk improvement on a corporate basis.
- Effectively manage change with corporate customers.
- Manage the customer engineering relationship.
- Consistently illustrate value-added differential of FM Global engineering to our corporate customer/prospect.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a high hazard industry such as chemical, nuclear, mining, pulp & paper, manufacturing
- Must possess knowledge of electrical and/ or mechanical power generation and associated equipment and systems such as rotating equipment, boilers, generators, system interrelationships and knowledge of safety devices.
- Demonstrated experience to understand basic machinery and equipment along with hands on exposure
- Candidates will possess strong verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in MS Office products is required
- Candidates must be analytical, organized and have good problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to balance attention to detail with focus on key objectives
- Possess strong risk identification and quantification skills, including interdependencies and business impact
- Basic knowledge of insurance concepts
Both office and travel time required on a regular basis. Total work time out of the office is estimated to be 35% of total time.
We are considering Mid and Senior Level candidates for this role. The range is $90,000 to $147,100. These ranges are representative of the hiring salary for the role. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with FM Global in the U.S. and a condition of FM Global office entry in Canada. Further, all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing onsite for open positions, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center