Client Service InternClient Service Job ID 2023-13864 Primary Location: Reston, Virginia 01/30/2024 Hiring Range: $21 - $23
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Our 12-week internship program will focus on the day-to-day business handlings of our three core business functions - underwriting, engineering, and claims.
This position is accountable for developing basic underwriting and engineering skills needed for identification and assessment of risk. This skill set is used for application of underwriting standards. Individuals in this position will be exposed to underwriting, engineering, relationship management and client servicing.
- Assist the Account Managers in handling underwriting details such as rating and pricing, analysis of coverages, terms and conditions, value analysis and certificates of insurance.
- Gains and maintains a good knowledge of the underwriting guidelines, policy terms and conditions, profitability analysis and pricing to assist the account manager in program analysis and design.
- Gains an understanding of FM Global’s capabilities and processes.
- Learns loss prevention and control concepts, including how to read and utilize information from Risk Reports and utilize their knowledge to assist the Account Manager in exposure identification and analysis.
- Academic Credentials (3.0 GPA or above)
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, negotiation and computer skills
- Ability to work with financial data
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail is required
The hiring range for this position is $21.00 to $23.00 per hour. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center