HR Business Partner
San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
FM Global is currently seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to be a part of a growing company, supporting strategic business initiatives and core HR programs and partnering with line organizations to provide comprehensive, value-add HR services in Monterrey, Mexico.
In this role, you are a strategic partner to senior leaders and line management in diverse business segments by providing customized and practical HR solutions to elevate business performance and solve business challenges. The successful candidate will partner and collaborate with Center of Expertise’s on creating, aligning and deploying people strategy with business goals and objectives with a focus on developing our next generation of leaders as well as establishing a best in class employee value proposition. The role serves as a relationship manager and champion of change for the business, and drives the adoption of new approaches, ideas, programs, and technologies while providing consultation, direction and guidance to both functional and regional leadership within a highly matrix organization.
- This role will drive talent and capability discussions to ensure the business has the right talent in the right roles to achieve success now and in the future. Identify talent risks and develop solutions before they adversely impact the business. Partner with Talent Management and the business to establish workforce planning routines to stay ahead of talent shortfalls
- Create the strategic talent plan for respective business areas to achieve business success in a manner that increases employee engagement and actively influence the business strategy to ensure Human Capital considerations are appropriately reflected.
- Drive informed decision making by using data and metrics (turnover, underperformers, exit interviews, employee surveys, etc.) to identify trends requiring attention and remediation; consult with business leaders to determine root cause of issues and develop organizational effective solutions. Establish key people metrics with the business to evaluate the success of the talent strategy.
- Enables the effective resolution of employee relations matters, including conducting internal investigations and ensuring compliance in local regulatory environment.
- Monitor effectiveness of existing HR programs and services for the business and engage with COE’s on issues and resolution. Act as a catalyst for change and help leaders manage the impacts of change to their teams and partner with leaders to implement strategies to overcome challenges associated with change initiatives and cultural transformation.
- Translate business context of HR practice and apply solutions in deploying corporate initiatives and projects and implementing company decisions.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of relevant HR experience with a bachelor’s degree in a multinational corporate business environment. A combination of education and experience may be considered. Fluency in Spanish and English is essential, knowledge of Portuguese is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to flex style and content to suit a variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – active listening, coaching and advising, and establishing trust.
- Strong problem-solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills. Experience handling a wide variety of employee and other sensitive, confidential matters.
- Solid business acumen and a strong customer service focus.
- Able to navigate high-pressure situations while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Adept at working both independently and with a team.
- Able to effectively manage time, multi-task and prioritize to achieve impactful results.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and influencing skills.
- Create and present briefings to large and small groups.
- Knowledge of country and local labor legislation, employment practices, market trends and the competitive environment.
- Strong consulting and project management skills
- Familiarity with employee benefits, payroll services and compensation practice, management and administration.
- Proficiency in HR systems and technologies including Workday and MS Office.
- Familiarity of Business Continuity Planning and Health and Safety practices.
- Interest in and ability to travel internationally. This position will be based in Monterrey, Mexico and may travel to other FM Global offices located in Latin America as well as the corporate office in Johnston, RI, USA.
- Relocation may be considered for the ideal candidate
We offer a dynamic and challenging work environment that is personally and professionally rewarding. There are a wide range of growth and career opportunities worldwide. Professional development is an integral part of our philosophy; thus, our employees are engaged in appropriate international and national training and development programs.