TRANSLATOR – Brazilian PortugueseClient Service - Other, Client Service Job ID 2022-11881 São Paulo, Brazil 04/28/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading commercial insurance company that provides risk management and loss prevention services through a unique combination of engineering, underwriting and claims. We work to ensure business continuity and safeguard our clients’ properties with seamless, worldwide coverage and property loss prevention engineering solutions.
FM Global is looking for a Translator from English – Brazilian Portuguese and vice-versa based in São Paulo - Brasil. This is a great opportunity to participate in the development and implementation of best practices to ensure that FM Global’s products and services are available in Brazilian Portuguese in accordance with market requirements and in alignment with corporate business strategies.
As part of a global team of translators, this position will be utilizing the latest industry standard translation tools and technology to help maintain consistency from English to Brazilian Portuguese. This is for someone interested to work for us on a permanent basis (employment) and full time. The goal for the new translator will be to be more focused in Underwriting and Marketing.
- Perform translation, editing and quality assurance of FM Global documentation and other texts from English into Brazilian Portuguese, or possible Brazilian Portuguese into English.
- Schedule and plan translation projects
- Research and resolve language issues for internal team and clients as required
- Complete assigned tasks professionally and in a timely manner
- Work together with Assistant Manager of Translation and Localization and other members of the translation team to implement linguistic solutions
- Adhere to documented quality standards, terminology requirements, style guides and checklists
- Create and maintain client and project-specific checklists and terminology
- Provide linguistic support to internal clients
- Develop and maintain accurate translation memories, terminology and glossaries
- Evaluate external translation according to FM Global standards
- Perform other linguistic tasks as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in translation or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in translation from English to Brazilian Portuguese
- Native fluency in Brazilian Portuguese and an excellent command of English
- Preferably, would also be a speaker of Spanish so this person could help with some tasks for Latin American and Mexican Spanish
- Translation experience in the insurance industry desirable
- Proven editing and proofreading experience
- Ability to work well with others in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsof Office products
- Knowledge and experience of translation memory tools (SDL Trados Studio preferred)
- Knowledge and experience of terminology management tools (SDL Multiterm preferred)
- Knowledge and experience of translation management tools (SDL TMS preferred)
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a teamwork-oriented and deadline-driven environment
This is a remote position in our São Paulo Office.
What we offer
We offer a dynamic and challenging work environment that is personally and professionaly rewarding. There is a wide range of growth and career opportunities worldwide. Professional development is an integral part of our philosophy, thus our employees are engaged in appropriate international and national training and development programs.
The compesation package includes a competitive base salary plus annual bonus based on company results, merit increases linked to performance, life and medical insurance.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center