Business Development Specialist
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
The Asia Pacific Division has an opening for a Business Development Specialistbased in the Singapore or Melbourneoffice.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Sales Enablement Manager, the incumbent will help facilitate and accelerate sales growth; and infuse state-of-the-art analytics into our sales strategies.
The job will involve:
- working closely with the Business Development Executives (BDEs) to mine and package knowledge, resources and materials for critical moments through-out the sales cycle;
- collaborating with Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) and Staff Marketing to help design and then execute innovative lead nurturing campaigns at various stages in the sales funnel;
- administering information in Client Relationship Management (CRM) system in collaboration with the Business Development Assistants (BDAs);
- exploit social networking among other critical field tools for the BDEs;
- customizing research for BDEs on prospects, clients, industries and strategic buyers;
- gathering, organizing, and supplying BDEs with competitive market and internal intelligence;
- executing direct marketing campaigns;
- maintaining a working knowledge of the assigned geographic territory and industries, identify new prospects in the territory;
- traveling of approximately 15%
Applicant should possess the following:
- bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing / market research;
- at least 5 years’ experience in business or equivalent;
- research, analytical and market knowledge skills;
- excellent written and communication skills in English; Knowledge of another Asian language i.e. Korean or Mandarin, would be a significant advantage
- proficiency with high tech sales tools(e.g. desktop publishing or ability to develop and implement email marketing campaigns) desired but not required;
- proficiency in Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- web mining / familiarity withbusiness services and social networking tools;
- CRM system experience, i.e. Microsoft Dynamics, a plus
- strong planning and organizing skills;
- strong interpersonal skills.